or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Sticks in gear after hardish acceleration

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Picco   
Fri Sep 16 2016, 12:26pm
Member No: #46218
I purchased a new March 2016 Grand Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi120 with the new EAT6 gearbox with the understanding that this torque converter gearbox was bullet proof.
No gear changing problems during the first few miles or when driven quite sedately. After a few miles the gearbox will not change up from 2nd gear and sometimes other gears when I accelerate harder-when this is required. I have to change manually using the paddle to make it change up?
Two one week visits to the dealer who agrees with my problem (verbally) but finds no fault codes therefore has no answer to my problem.
This is my third GP but my first automatic. Other than this problem the vehicle has been great Have only done 5k miles to date.

Citroen C4GP Blue HDi 120 Exclusive+
vimto2000   
Sat Sep 17 2016, 01:07am
Member No: #37385
When you say sticking, does it hit the redline or does it hold at the top of the rev counter for a period before changing ur?

I pretty much hammer mine on quite a few occasions in auto and manual... Not experienced it sticking... In fact I sometimes think it changes too early.
Picco   
Sat Sep 17 2016, 03:58am
Once it reaches say 3500 rpm or more and I have completed my manoeuvre I ease off on the accelerator to allow the up change. It does not change up so I take my foot completely off and it still does not change up. I then am forced to change up with the paddle. After that and under steady driving it functions ok?
Also when I have used manual mode up a windy hill it will change up a gear too soon and without my input via the paddle.
I forgot to mention in my first post that my dealer allegedly had a Citroen Uk technician observe the problem. Following this I was still advised that no problems were found by diagnostics, i.e. computer says no.
vimto2000   
Tue Sep 20 2016, 07:10am
Member No: #37385
Doesn't sound right to me. I've held mine in manual mode and near the red line for a long period of time and it still doesn't change up.

Also if I'm in manual mode and do a manoeuvre and then flick to auto...it also changes up as I do this quite regularly!

Push this issue as it doesn't sound right.
1 User said Thank You to vimto2000 for this Post :
 Picco (30 Sep 2016 : 05:45)
Picco   
Fri Sep 30 2016, 05:50am
I complained to Citroen Technical and all they did was talk to the Citroen Dealer invoved with my problem. The reply from Citroen Technical was that it was a QUIRC of the gearbox. So fobbed off again. Will go to another dealer suggested by another member who had a similar problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member