or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Service intervals

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
howdenbiker   
Wed Sep 07 2016, 02:25pm
Member No: #43783
I had to top up with Adblue at 15k miles, I did it myself and the service indicator corrected itself correctly.
However the green service spanner has stayed on and I thought the interval was nearer 18k miles?

The car was new in April and so is not 6 months old yet and 80% of my driving is on the motorway. I'd be interested in others typical service intervals.

Also, and this might be connected, on the same day I did the Adblue I helped a stranded motorist and gave him a jump start. The battery was disconnected in the process and now whenever I try to lock the car the alarm goes off.
I can get around it by unlocking immediately and waiting for it to relock itself.
It is booked into the dealers for rectification it will be interesting to see what they find.
FrankBullitt   
Wed Sep 07 2016, 02:59pm

Member No: #19238
Your intervals are 12 months or 16,000 miles on the 1.6HDi, so your car is correctly telling you the first service is due - the 16,000 miles is based on 25,000km so the car will probably count down to 15,625 (it works in KM then changes to miles). 2.0HDi models have 20,000 mile intervals, although it's based on 30,000km which is why owners are finding it counts down to 18,750 miles. Slightly annoying but there you go.

Appreciate your car is reasonably new but there is an old adage - oil is cheap, engines aren't...

Also, Citroën offer a service package which can be taken at any time before the first service is due, and it's a bargain;

- Click Here -

1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 howdenbiker (07 Sep 2016 : 15:07)
howdenbiker   
Wed Sep 07 2016, 03:12pm
Member No: #43783
It is booked in for a service at the same time as sorting out the alarm

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member