or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Cleaning the dash

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
alka12   
Wed Aug 31 2016, 05:53am
Member No: #45553
What's the best way to clean my dash top I have a new C4 Flair and I love it the top is not smooth so am worried I will make a mess of it, don't know if I should just pledge it anyway am now used to my stop/start system and put my 3rd coat of MER wax on yesterday our lass is not impressed but metallic ultimate red does look lovely waxed up.
gittos   
Wed Aug 31 2016, 06:31am
Member No: #30055
I would not cleam my dash with anything other than a mild soap/water (not detergent) and dty?buff with microfibre cloth.

Pldege and Back to Black type products often turn grey after a while and are difficult to rmove.

When I bought my car which was only 10 months old I asked the dealer not to valet the interior, not knowing what products they would use as I have had this problem in the past, when a dealer valeted the interior which after a couple of monts started to get a grey look about it
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 alka12 (03 Sep 2016 : 18:46)
brentdon   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 05:33am
Member No: #47614
303 protect is good dashboard since it has UV protection and not greasy.
Richard_C   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 12:47pm
Member No: #46470
Bought a second hand SAAB a few years back from a local dealer where everything was beautifully prepared. Spoke to the guy who did it, after some tips for my other car, and he said he spent half his life trying to get 'product' off dashboards. A duster, and if it's dirty use warm water, and maybe soap and warm water and maybe more than once, his last words were 'but never ever spray any -bleep- stuff on it.

I guess if it's a few years old and faded maybe, but I sold on our Synergie after 18 years and the interior was the best bit and never used any products - just warm wet cloth occasionally.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member