or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 Picasso ESP/ABS/Parking Brake/Gearbox Fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Tourer   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 03:20pm
Member No: #33032
These fault light/warnings have occurred 4 times now.
RAC called out twice self "fixed" twice.
Problem doesn't seem speed/mileage related happens at any time.
When the dash lights up carry on driving but when stop at M.way turn off / junction have to change gear with paddles only up to third!
Release parking brake in neutral drive off normally and lights go out after a while but driving me mad now.
2010 C4 Picasso VTR+ EGS 47,000 miles new battery fitted after first breakdown to make sure wasn't causing problems.
Any ideas gratefully accepted.
rusky   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 03:57pm
Member No: #27768
You need to get the fault codes read to correctly identify it. Mine had the same issues a couple of weeks ago. Turned out to be an ABS sensor and pickup on the wheel bearing.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 Tourer (27 Aug 2016 : 14:22)
Tourer   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 02:27pm
Thanks Rusky
Took car to my local trusted friendly reasonably priced mechanic the same ones who fitted new front discs and pads prior to her m.o.t. in March (passed okay).
Kevin diagnosed her and came to the conclusion the nearside front abs system is malfunctioning booked in for Wednesday morning 8.00 a.m. for thorough investigation.
Will keep you posted.
Many thanks
Tourer   
Wed Aug 31 2016, 01:33pm
New n/s abs sensor fitted although the car had been taken for a test drive paid my money jumped in and its Christmas lights again !
Went round the block back in to get her booked in for tomorrow morning.
Will keep you informed of progress.
Tourer   
Thu Sep 01 2016, 02:54pm
Took car to workshop this morning collected it about 3.30 pm told it was ok drove home approx. 1 mile collected wife for test run/shopping 1.5 miles later blinded by dash lights again !
After being told to fit new bearings just in case magnetic strips not working they did not now giving up with that garage.
Will take her down to Marsh Citroen in Romney on Sept.14th upon return from holiday they have a very good reputation.
Borrowing my sons Volvo C30 R type diesel auto for trip to Cornwall nice car to drive.
Keep you informed about repairs at Marsh Citroen.
faulty-c4gp   
Sat Sep 03 2016, 10:56am
Member No: #44192
i had the same, new sensor fitted but didnt work, took it back and they hadnt cleaned the magnetic rings off so full of road mud etc. cleaned them off and worked perfect from then on in. also got part refund for the un needed sensor and the time to do it as it was not the sensor just the amount of stuff on the ring
try this it worked for mine
thanks
1 User said Thank You to faulty-c4gp for this Post :
 Tourer (15 Sep 2016 : 05:29)
rusky   
Sat Sep 03 2016, 02:01pm
Member No: #27768
Cleaning the rings was the first thing the dealer tried for me.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 Tourer (15 Sep 2016 : 05:29)
Tourer   
Thu Sep 15 2016, 05:36am
Visited Marsh Citroen yesterday was loaned a Xsara Picasso diesel which was just an old runabout but I had a Exclusive model previous to the C4 so not a problem and it was better than shanks pony !
Our car was tested for 9 miles by Dave and we then drove the 40 odd miles home NO PROBLEMS it seems to be cured but will keep everyone informed.
Paula and Dave are a most welcoming couple and Dave scanned the car with a decent bit of kit cleaned and realigned N/S abs reader and seems to have done the trick.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member