or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Service at Franchised dealers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bluehdi   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 05:56am
Member No: #2617
I wanted to have a moan about the quality of service from 'some' franchised dealers. Is it any wonder people don't bother using them for aftersales services.

We have just bought a brand new Vauxhall Adam for a member of the family and it was purchased as a pre registered new car with just 13 miles on the clock from an official Vauxhall dealer (albeit some distance away). It was part of the NetworkQ scheme which supposedly means a multi point check. When we collected it, it hadn't done any more miles on the clock than when we first looked at it. So much for the thorough test drive! The PDI obviously was very precisely carried out, as it broke down two weeks ago, with no power to anything. When the AA chap came out, he found the negative terminal on the battery was completely loose. No more problems since, and we are very pleased with the car, but I just wish there was some attention and proper service given, rather than 'chancing' things.

A friend has just collected their new pre-reg Vauxhall from another Vauxhall dealer, again on the NetworkQ scheme, and the boxes on the paperwork about all the checks weren't completed and he said the car also didn't have any more miles on the clock, after its supposed thorough multi point check!

Then this week I take my Nephews 64 plate Renault Clio to the Renault garage for its second official service and with all my cars, I have always reset the trip whenever I first park up. I've no doubt they changed the oil and did the other things I asked them to look at, but surely you need to take the car on a short test drive to see if all is OK with it? When I got back into it, it had travelled point 1 of a mile, which was the distance to drive it from the front car park to the garage workshop!

I honestly think with servicing these days, that you could take your car in with any fault, not specifically mention it to them and it would still come back as 'all done sir' and 'all fine' and still have the same fault. Unless it comes up on the computer if they plug it in, then these issues just go un-noticed.

Sorry - rant over, but you can see why people don't bother using proper dealer services. I can't be bothered to query it, as I could do without the hassle/confrontation.

My local Citroen dealer on the other hand, is always very good and I've currently got no complaints with them!
rusky   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 11:46am
Member No: #27768
I had a similar experience with a Vauxhall dealer a few years ago.

Took the car in as it needed new rear pads & discs. Picked it up, got half way home & noticed something not right. A rear calliper was partially seized & the disc had a blue tinge to it!
Surely they should road test a vehicle after working on the brakes?!?

Another time - same dealer - I had taken the car in for a service & investigation on the airbag light. Collected the car, started it & the airbag light was still on. went back in to the service desk & was told they didn't have time to look at it & to book it in again!

The Citroen dealer I use on the other hand is always helpful.
BigJohnD   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 12:32pm

Member No: #82
I used to have a Fiat and always found their dealers very good. Sadly none of the three I used are still in business. I don't know why.

But as you say, brand is no indicator of quality service at the dealers.
Ciaran1602   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 02:08pm
Member No: #45066
Totally agree with this. When I took my C4 in (three months old at this point) in for diagnostic work, the technician was so ham fisted he left enormous scratch marks all over the centre console and the cover for the diagnostic port. Obviously they very quickly rectified it but the utter lack of care and attention for my investment was galling.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member