or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

Facelift to prefacelift 2009, how hard?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Bishop   
Tue Aug 23 2016, 12:44am
Member No: #45925

I struck a good deal on a 2009 HDI 1.6 with 60k on the clock (kms), car is in very good shape etc, but the bumper skin and some brackets are damaged, it is somewhat gaffer taped right now.

The problem has been sourcing a facelift bumper for repairs, either non existent used, or quite seriously write off value from say a panel beaters.

How hard would it be to back fit the earlier front parts?

Visually bumper skin etc and bonnet different, under the skin?, I asume some brackets are different etc?

Earlier front ends are obtainable, face lift, almost forget it, so I need to do something at some point here.
It is frustrating that even like Alibaba has entire replica front ends with most parts for quite cheap, nothing facelift, it is nuts.
rusky   
Tue Aug 23 2016, 01:40am
Member No: #27768
What about getting it repaired?

Are there any companies near you who offer this service?
Bishop   
Tue Aug 23 2016, 03:12am

It is a little past repairing in several ways, the bumper hit a small kangaroo, which managed to distort the shape of it and the insert parts a lot, also putting a small hole in it, multiple people have agreed looking at it much is not repairable.
wozza   
Tue Aug 23 2016, 08:00am

Member No: #2
Think it's basically bumper, bonnet and not much else.

I did have a file with all the parts somewhere. Might actually be on site. I'm just at work now so can't look properly. See if I can find it an update this when I get back tonight for you.
Bishop   
Tue Aug 23 2016, 11:15pm
I should also mention, going to the earlier front end, once I looked a lot at it, I prefer the way it looks, so if anything doing that is almost the better option from my opinion on the way I would like the car to look.

And thanks wozza
Bishop   
Fri Oct 14 2016, 01:51am
I will be able to answer my own question in a week or two...

Facelift front end once damaged in Australia is rare enough it makes the car a near write off, so I just bought an earlier model undamaged car with a blown engine.

So I will be doing a front end swap over shortly.
Bishop   
Sun Dec 25 2016, 12:06pm
I can now confirm there is very little swap in the facelift, was surprised in the end how little was changed.

Damn a lot breaks in a front end hit in these cars though, I was glad to have a doner car.

Earlier front end though looks so much nicer and cleaner in some ways, not sure what Citroen was doing with the facelift.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member