or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

C4 1.6HDi Alternator Replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
hosemaster   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 12:43pm
Member No: #41438
Hi all,
I am about to change the alternator on my C4 coupe 1.6HDi VTR. Has anyone else done one and if so how did you do it? My tensioner is the fixed type and I have the special tool to put the belt on, so no problem there. But I do see that the bottom bolt nearest the exhaust is impossible to see let alone get a spanner or socket on, so any tips for that bit would be appreciated.

If I remember I will try to take photos as I do so I have a record I can post on here.
Thanks.
1 User said Thank You to hosemaster for this Post :
 Neffa (05 Jul 2017 : 23:33)
Neffa   
Wed Jul 05 2017, 11:36pm
Member No: #48834
Just about to do the same- how did it go? Bit concerned about the two bottom bolts. Already have the two top ones out. There appears to be a pulley mounted on one. Any clues on how to approach this one? Cheers.
Yucker   
Sat Jun 22 2019, 08:00am
Member No: #53979
Neffa wrote ...

Just about to do the same- how did it go? Bit concerned about the two bottom bolts. Already have the two top ones out. There appears to be a pulley mounted on one. Any clues on how to approach this one? Cheers.
about to give this a bash, anyone have much luck with this?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member