or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

55 plate C4 Standard Radio Backlight always on?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
RobjD   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 07:46am
Member No: #45807
Just bought a 55 plate C4, really happy, just had a question. The radio backlight seems to be constantly on, even when keys are removed and left for over an hour. I'm not sure if this is standard or a fault?
If fault is there any troubleshooting I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks!
Dimuha1989   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 07:50am
Member No: #40631
It is not standard on my C4. It is a fault unfortunately.

I am not sure about the reason why is this happening. However, on my first car, which was 56 Megane, I had the same. Radio was on after keys were removed from a car. Turned out to be a faulty radio fuse.

TL:DR Check fuses for starters.
RobjD   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 08:04am
Hi, thanks for prompt response, I'll try replacing the radio fuse after work today and see if that solves the issue, thanks. How long does the backlight on the radio usually take to turn off?
Dimuha1989   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 09:42am
I have 55 plate SX 1.6 petrol version. In my case all the lights are switching off straight after switching off ignition or switching off lights. The only lights which stay on for few secs are the indoor lights.

P.S I am also convinced that radio backlight is controlled the same way as aircon and heater controls. It lights up only if your lights are on... This is a case at least on my c4.
RobjD   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 12:56pm
Mines an LX .. The radio light is constantly on, the lights don't effect the radio backlight.

The radio stops working (due to the eco mode) after a little while, but the light still remains.

No other electrics seem to work when the key is not in the ignition (apart from radio backlight)

Dimuha1989   
Wed Aug 10 2016, 11:12am
Hmm... Interesting... As I said before. Check fuses. Radio shouldn't be faulty. It wouldn't make any sense...

Does radio stops playing after switching off ignition? Or does it keep playing?

If I were you, I would try to get radio out and see if any other radio unit performs the same way. If it doesn't - your unit is faulty. If it does, it means hat current is always there and electrics need to be checked...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member