or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Aircon not working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BazandPam   
Thu Jul 21 2016, 01:43am
Member No: #45518
I have only had this 2013 C4 Picasso for a couple of months having bought from a non Citroen dealer. The vehicle was first registered October 2013 so there are still a couple of months left on warranty.
I am at present on extended holiday in France for a number of months where last week temperatures were in the high 40s. Naturally I put the aircon on, only to be blasted with hot air. I tried numerous settings, all to no avail. I telephoned my nearest Citroen dealer in UK and explained the problem. He said that it was a common fault and caused by the gas leaking from a unit just behind the front bumper. As I am returning to UK in August I asked if it could be repaired by them under the warranty. The reply was that it was not covered under the warranty !!
Can this be true.
The car is less than 3 years old and you would expect something to last much longer than this.
I have taken it into a French garage but because it is the new system they are unable to do anything with it and I would need to take it to another Citroen dealer 100 kilometres away who will require it for at least a week.
As it is my only means of transport whilst out here, it is not really an option.
Has anyone had similar occurrences with their aircon.
moleman   
Thu Jul 21 2016, 03:09am
Member No: #16299
The Dealer was suggesting (without looking at the car) that the condenser unit has been holed, thus the gas has leaked out. If this is the case it is not likely to be covered by the warranty - wear and tear. They can get damaged, it happens. Perhaps you have another issue, but until you get it checked there is no way of telling.
BazandPam   
Fri Jul 22 2016, 01:04am
Thanks for that Moleman.
I have now booked it in with my Citroen dealer back in UK for him to investigate on my return.
Will just have to drive with all my windows down for the remaining month.
s60r   
Fri Jul 22 2016, 01:18am
Member No: #43715
Why not try your nearest Citroen dealer in France? There are a few there, and they probably offer an air con service for around 100€... If it's found to be holed & leaking it will need addressing anyway, but it may be just a recharge away from blowing cold again
BazandPam   
Fri Jul 22 2016, 01:34am
That is what I did, but because my C4 has got the latest system then the nearest Citroen dealer who had the equipment to test and gas it is 100 km away. The local ones said that they did not have the equipment to do it. If it had been an older model that would have been no problem and the cost would have been around €50 for a check and re-gas, which I thought was very good.
A lot less vehicles on the roads over here, so I can understand why not all garages are going to have the latest equipment.
Just one of the downsides of having extremely quiet roads to drive on and enjoy !!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member