or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Air suspension & eolys fluid replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
trev h   
Sun Jul 17 2016, 10:54am
Member No: #10864
Thought i'd put a bit on here in case theres others who like to save some money, over the last few months had problems with air suspension dropping, not normal air bag leak but a possible relay problem which would just dump the air then pump it up again so changed to springs (very easy), asked a couple of dealers if they would turn ecu off but all declined (company policy) then on a run car started to develop a surge & risk of particle filter message popped up, after message went off car ran perfect so suspected eolys fluid but as only done 63000 mls didn't expect it to be empty, removed the pouch & put airline to it & found it had a leak so needs replacement.
Rung 3 dealers one wanted £170 for pouch other two wanted £156 all plus fitting, after getting up off the floor i decided on an internet search & came across an article on a mini forum which i thought sounded good, it involved buying a hydration bag as used by athletes at a cost of £12 found one that matched the dimensions of the citroen pouch except citroens bag is tapered one end so instead of putting 2.4 litres in i decided to just put 2 so bag would have a bit of flexability to fit, again after an internet search for fluid found some from euro car parts with a 25% discount code so £53 for 2 litres, so all in £65 so treated myself to lexia/diagbox, reset the eolys counter now just got to navigate programme to deactivate suspension, also there is a plastic under tray which goes across the car & it's 2 halves one side had a large split where something had probably been flung up from the road, phoned citroen & that will be £102 for one half £9 glass fibre kit from halfords sorted that. Few pics if they've loaded.

trev h   
Sun Jul 17 2016, 10:56am
Couple more pics

DeuxChevaux   
Sun Jul 17 2016, 12:26pm
Member No: #16472
Thanks for posting this Trev - I am at 88k and expect to run out of fluid soon, I'll try your solution I think
trev h   
Sun Jul 17 2016, 01:42pm
As an add on, the citroen pouch when full measures 12 1/2" L x 7"W x 4"D & the hydration pouch i bought was a 2.5ltr one with approx same dimensions but the citroen pouch is tapered at one end so if you tried to fill it to 2.4lts i think you would have trouble fitting it in, i took the plug off the end of the citroen pouch & fitted it to outlet pipe of hydration pouch, if the original pouch was ok i would have gone down the refill route very easy to do if you buy the refill kit.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member