or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

2014 C4GP - Cruise Control issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
rogan   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 01:09am
Member No: #44851
Recently been on a couple of 2 hour expressway drives and cruise working perfectly - it does sit 1kmh over what i set but I can live with that.

In very heavy rain on a motorway today at about 100km/h I switched on the cruise and could not get it out of pause. Took about 30secs of pressing buttons and cruise off/on and it started to work. But then 3 or 4 secs later it paused. Figured I must have accidentally touched the brake. Got it going again and put both feet on the floor. About 3 secs later it pauses again. Happened about 10 times. Then it started working perfectly.

Any known issues here? Brake switch? Or possibly something to do with the heavy rain?

Car is a 2 litre diesel auto if that makes any difference.

On a side note, I had a Renault Megane that would tell me it needed a service if driving in rain with auto headlights on. Override the auto headlights and the service light would cancel. Turned out to be a missing water shield in the wheel arch.
niggly56   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 01:51am
Member No: #41618
I assume you have 'Active Cruise Control'. If so, since the system relies on a microwave radar mounted in the front bumper, it will be affected by heavy rainfall. The owners manual states that the system will work in 'moderate rainfall'.
KenC   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 02:28am
Member No: #18024
I'm think I'm right in believing that if your ABS/ ESP system detects a difference in wheel speed while driving on standing water, ice, mud or any other slippery surface cruise control is disabled.
1 User said Thank You to KenC for this Post :
 bubblehead (22 Nov 2016 : 06:30)
FrankBullitt   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 02:38am

Member No: #19238
niggly56 wrote ...

I assume you have 'Active Cruise Control'. If so, since the system relies on a microwave radar mounted in the front bumper, it will be affected by heavy rainfall. The owners manual states that the system will work in 'moderate rainfall'.

Agree with this, if you have radar cruise control then it will stop working.
rogan   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 03:24am
Not radar cruise, just the standard cruise control. It was a straight motorway with no surface ponding.
KenC   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 05:18am
Member No: #18024
This is taken from the online owners manual which can be accessed through this site with premier membership.

Disengaging of cruise control
while retaining the memorised
speed
- Either by pressing on the brake
pedal or on the clutch pedal.
- Or by pressing button 3.
- Or if either the ESP or the ASR
system is active.
Note : cruise control is not active if
the gear lever is in neutral.
These actions cause the informa-
tion «OFF» to appear in zone A of
the instrument panel.
1 User said Thank You to KenC for this Post :
 rogan (25 Jun 2016 : 08:29)
rogan   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 08:32am
Unfortunately none of those. Driving home tonight with no rain on the motorway and cruise wouldn't turn on. Shows Pause ---. Tried having foot under brake pedal and lifting up. It's going back to the dealers for the fourth time since I bought it in April. Yet another thing for them to fix.
niggly56   
Sun Jun 26 2016, 01:48am
Member No: #41618
My dealer had to drive up and down the motorway with his laptop connected, to recalibrate my active cruise control after he did a software update. I couldn't get it to come out of pause after he updated it and it had to go back to them to calibrate. Perhaps it has not been set up properly by the dealer during preparation or has developed a fault. Either way, it is a dealer job as modern cars are too technical for most of us to try and fix without access to the right equipment.
rogan   
Tue Jul 12 2016, 04:21am
Car went to dealers today. Replaced faulty brake pedal switch. Hopefully problem fixed.
rogan   
Tue Jul 12 2016, 06:00pm
Prior to new brake switch, I could pause cruise control by putting foot under brake pedal and lifting up pedal. With new switch, cruise stays on when I do it.
seoras   
Thu Jul 14 2016, 06:56pm
Member No: #36179
rogan wrote ...

Car went to dealers today. Replaced faulty brake pedal switch. Hopefully problem fixed.

I had the exact same problem. Replaced a faulty brake pedal switch and it's worked fine ever since.
Was a just the 2014 C4GPs that were sent to NZ that had this issue?

rogan   
Thu Jul 14 2016, 07:13pm
What other problems have you had with yours? And if in Ak, who does your servicing? I've been going to Armstrongs in Greenlane who I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

My issues so far:
Passenger ottoman broke
brake pads replaced as they groaned in reverse
Mirror indexing issue
Brake pedal switch
seoras   
Sun Jul 17 2016, 05:02am
Yes. On delivery the right wing mirror wouldn't fold in when locked.
It happened on collection much to the embarrassment of the dealer who did a big hand over ceremony.
Gave us a good laugh though.

That front passenger leg rest was broken on delivery too.
Took a few visits and a new part to fix it.
I don't like it and we never use it, needless waste of space and extra weight.

There was something else but I can't remember what now.

I'm in Cambridge.
Last year it was Winger in Hamilton who were the worst I've ever experienced.
Citroen NZ switched to Duncan&Ebbett who are pricey and more upmarket but very good.

Neither servicing has changed the diesel fuel filter which I'm really surprised and a bit annoyed at.
Car is 40k on clock and 2.5yrs old now.

rogan wrote ...

What other problems have you had with yours? And if in Ak, who does your servicing? I've been going to Armstrongs in Greenlane who I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

My issues so far:
Passenger ottoman broke
brake pads replaced as they groaned in reverse
Mirror indexing issue
Brake pedal switch
rogan   
Sun Jul 17 2016, 07:03pm
. My car started at Winger Hamilton, but they couldn't sell it, so they shipped it to Winger Queenstown which is the most stupid idea since noone in their right mind in Queenstown would buy a 2wd car. Finally they sold it to Armstrongs Christchurch who again couldn't sell it until they discounted it enough to be in my budget. No wonder they've discontinued the model in NZ when the dealer network is so hopeless.
I'm wondering if Citroen do extended warranties, it might be worth it considering the cracking back door issue. My factory warranty expires in April and I'm at 8500km, so I'm worried that all the bugs haven't appeared yet. I'll PM you if anything else goes wrong.
seoras   
Tue Jul 19 2016, 03:50am
It's a front wheel drive car so it should be good enough for the South Island (speaking as a Scot who's used to that sort of weather and driving.) Saab's and Volvo's were always front wheel drive as Swedish winter driving is pretty dicey.
Scandic's aren't keen on diesel though as it has a high freezing temp. That might be an issue down south. My father drove Saab's until he gave up on waiting for them to bring out a diesel which is when he switched to Peugeot.

Winger are utterly useless. Citroen NZ seems to have finally acknowledged that fact.
I get the impression that they've moved to Duncan&Ebbett in the Waikato to give Citroen a better brand positioning along with Jag's, LR, Volvo etc.
I don't think that's the issue, I just don't think Kiwi's like diesel cars plus too many cheap Jap 2nd hand imports to compete with.

I bought mine from Tauranga Peugeot who are a nice, small, privately owned garage (I believe).
Didn't even see it or test drive it. Saw it on Trade Me, phoned them up & made an offer they accepted.
I might have paid premium but having just arrived from Scotland it was still $8k cheaper than the same car in the UK.

I just wanted a diesel 7 seater family car. Options there are very limited here in NZ. Everyone else is buying cheap, used, Toyota Estima's which stink of shake'n'vac.

Cracking back door issue? You're frightening me. Tell me more...

rogan wrote ...

. My car started at Winger Hamilton, but they couldn't sell it, so they shipped it to Winger Queenstown which is the most stupid idea since noone in their right mind in Queenstown would buy a 2wd car. Finally they sold it to Armstrongs Christchurch who again couldn't sell it until they discounted it enough to be in my budget. No wonder they've discontinued the model in NZ when the dealer network is so hopeless.
I'm wondering if Citroen do extended warranties, it might be worth it considering the cracking back door issue. My factory warranty expires in April and I'm at 8500km, so I'm worried that all the bugs haven't appeared yet. I'll PM you if anything else goes wrong.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member