or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports

Out with the old in with the (nearly) new

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gittos   
Fri Jul 01 2016, 02:08pm
Member No: #30055
Looks like I will be moving up to a Aug 2015 CP 5 seat, 1.6 Blue HDI 120 EAT6 Exclusive.
The car was not at te Dealers when I called in so I test drove a 2 litre EAT6, but going back Sat to drive the actual car. Very impressed with the gearbox.

Will let you you know how it goes when I can.

PS been on My Citroen and it is eligible for the free map updates.
riven1962   
Sat Jul 02 2016, 04:07am
Member No: #18905
Good luck.
gittos   
Thu Jul 07 2016, 01:11am
Well I bought the car, an August 2015 reg 1.6 bluehdi Exclus1ive EAT6 in Polar White...better buy plenty of shampoo to keep this clean!

Car is very quiet and the gearbox is excellent.

Just need to get to grips with all the toys and get a space saver spare wheel and jack.

Will try and do the map update today if time allows.
FrankBullitt   
Thu Jul 07 2016, 02:34am

Member No: #19238
Excellent news, sounds superb
gittos   
Thu Jul 07 2016, 09:33am
.....only downside so far is the [%*^#@!] awful sound system (juke box). I've tried always to improve the sound but no luck so far, fiddled with bass/treble and ambience controls but it is not as good as the head unit in my old C4P.

Does anyone know where the OBD2 port is?

Looking at space saver wheels on the auction site, there is one of unknown make with jack, brace and bolts for about £140 or a genuine Citroen one with Continental Tyre and tools for about £200...any thoughts?
gittos   
Thu Jul 07 2016, 10:36am
Just bought the gen Citroen one that was on at "buy it now" for £210, put an offer in and got it cheaper, so happy with that.
gittos   
Mon Jul 18 2016, 03:32pm
Well had the car for about 2 weeks now and really enjoying it overall. The car is quieter than my old C4P 1.6 petrol, gearbox is vey smooth whether in auto or using the paddle shift (bit of a toy really) Have to remember to keep your foot on the brake after switching on the engine or else you can't select a gear.

Found the OBD2 Port in the glove box on the right hand side.

Don't like the stop/start system.....I mean I really don't like it. It often cuts out just as you want to move off and then it start with a bit of a thump, so that gets disabled when I remember.

PS I have done the map update and checked on My Citroen today and loos like there may be a newer version already.

Sound system is pretty poor. nowhere near as good as my old C4P, which is disappointing in a car of this spec.

Got a space saver spare wheel and tool kit (Citroen one) to replace the foam repair kit.

I have done about 200 miles of mostly urban driving and returned about 47 mpg , according to the computer.

Overall I really like the car, apart from the odd niggles i have mentioned, but I am sure you could find fault with most cars.

routemaster1   
Mon Jul 18 2016, 03:36pm
Member No: #574
gittos wrote ...

Don't like the stop/start system.....I mean I really don't like it. It often cuts out just as you want to move off and then it start with a bit of a thump, so that gets disabled when I remember.

As far as I know it is not possible to permanently disable the stop-start system. You can disable it though the lower screen menus, but it resets every time you restart the car.
gittos   
Mon Aug 08 2016, 02:53pm
Well it had to happen, no accidents for twenty years, first nearly new car......someone ran into the side of me on supermarket car park on Sat afternoon.

Paint worok on either side of nearside rear wheel arch scratched, but the alloy wheel to the impact so that is badly scratched and scored.

Car is going in to my insurers garage Tues for estimate for paint/wheel replacement/suspension and underbody check plus 4 wheel alignment.

I have seen anew wheel (Zephyr) advertised on the internet...wait for it....£308

Also just had the third party's insurer on the phone offering to take over the repair...because it is quicker and easier for themand also they offered me £100 of the money they make/save....what's going on with insurance, it's turning (turned) into a right racket
vimto2000   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 06:33am
Member No: #37385
To be honest, I would not be bothered where it goes as long as the place was Citroen approved and they guaranteed the repair as well as giving me a courtesy car that fit my requirements when doing the repairs.

I know from when I've had an accident my insurance company likes to handle the repairs as the costs seriously escalate when everyone starts taking the cut for being the middleman.

Shame about your car though!! It is gutting when its still new for you! I had my first knock within 2 months of owning the car! Luckily for me it was just scratches on the rear bumper!
gittos   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 10:13am
Been for the estimate for the repair today, the place looks good with all the right facilities.

The paint will be sorted, the alloy wheel replaced, suspension checked and repaiared if needed, and a full 4 wheel alignment.

The guy at the repair centre said that some insurers are using repair centres with lower prices, and as a consequence on a repair like mine they may refurbish the alloy wheel instead of replacing it, and because these wheels are diamond cut the original finish can never be replicated. You get what you pay for I suppose.

He also said that they recently had a Citroen DS, he couldn't remember the model but thought it was a DS5, the lacquer on the wheels was flaking and the wheels were corroding. All 4 wheels replaced by Citroen under warranty.....Sound familiar?
FrankBullitt   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 12:49pm

Member No: #19238
Sorry to hear about the incident, hopefully it all gets sorted with no undue hassle.
gittos wrote ...

He also said that they recently had a Citroen DS, he couldn't remember the model but thought it was a DS5, the lacquer on the wheels was flaking and the wheels were corroding. All 4 wheels replaced by Citroen under warranty.....Sound familiar?

Very - not sure about the DS5 wheels but the DS4 with 18" Brisbane's (standard on DStyle) do suffer from de-lamination on the lacquer, we've had all four of ours replaced and one DS4 we looked at that was just over 2 years old at the time had horrific wheels.
gittos   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 01:36pm
Could have been DS4....like I said he wasn't sure.
gittos   
Thu Jul 05 2018, 04:20pm
Well the 2015 Hdi EAT6 has been replaced with a 2018 PureTech 1.2 Feel EAT6 in Platinum Grey.

Four months old Ex Mobility car with 800 miles, returned after a couple of months (for whatever reason).

Will post later after I have driven it for a few days.
vimto2000   
Mon Jul 09 2018, 05:39am
Member No: #37385
Nice! Has it got the new Android Auto/Car Play? How are you getting on with it?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member