or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Motor Noise?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
niggly56   
Fri Dec 23 2016, 05:18am
Member No: #41618
Having just gone through a troublesome warranty replacement (due to spoiler cracking) of my 2015 C4 Picasso Exc+ motorised rear tailgate, I might just be being paranoid.
But, about 5 seconds after I start the engine there is a short motor running sound (about a second long) that I can hear inside the car- coming from somewhere at the rear of the vehicle. It's a similar sound to a central locking motor.
In the 18 months I have owned the car, I can't say I have noticed it before.
I thought it might be related to the tailgate lock? Does anyone know if it locks itself when you start the engine for security maybe? I don't think it's the diesel pump because it only seems to happen once. Has anyone else noticed this or have an idea what it might be?
niggly56   
Mon Dec 26 2016, 08:19am
Member No: #41618
UPDATE
Problem solved.
It appears that when the 'bodyshop' replaced the tailgate- they did not initialise it properly. After much research I found that to do this, you need to open it fully using the exterior button, then close the tailgate manually by pulling it slowly closed.
After I did this, the motor noise had gone and the safety feature where it stops on meeting an obstacle, works correctly on the opening and closing. I noticed it only did it on opening before.
Hope this information might be of use to someone.
1 User said Thank You to niggly56 for this Post :
 BigJohnD (26 Dec 2016 : 13:44)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member