or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Citroen MapCare

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
northspoon   
Thu Jun 23 2016, 03:41pm
Member No: #4689
I have a 2015 Citroen C4 GP Exclusive+ and some time ago I registered for the "My Citroen" website.

I went to the website today and there seems to be a new tab, labeled MapCare. It tells me I am eligible for mapping updates which appear to be free (and for 5 years) and a simple download.

This is the first time I have even heard of this. Is this new and can anyone tell me more about this service, as I thought the maps had to be paid for?

bluehdi   
Thu Jun 23 2016, 04:12pm
Member No: #2617
French forums have been discussing this service for about a month, with owners reporting the function wasn't active yet. It looks like it's now been made available to UK owners.

In France, cars registered from July 2015 are entitled to what I thought was a free map update, but perhaps they've gone a lot further in their offer of updates free of charge.

This is really generous value wise (although irritating for me that my car isn't valid, having just checked, so I've got to find the money for map updates).

It does show the real cost of these map updates is nothing like the £69 per country or £129 for Europe. I can buy a top notch Tomtom with lifetime maps for that!
northspoon   
Thu Jun 23 2016, 04:15pm
Here is a screenshot of the webpage:

bluehdi   
Thu Jun 23 2016, 04:30pm
Member No: #2617
A Google search on Citroen Mapcare finds numerous articles, suggesting that map updates may be done as part of having Citroens serviced within the dealer network. Will be interesting how this develops if it is rolled out to owners of slightly older cars.

I would jump at the opportunity to receive that many updates free of charge and at £69 each, that represents a big saving on something that most owners wouldn't pay out for. The 2016 listed map update is valid as at quarter 2 2015, which means it's likely to be some way behind some of the road changes, but even so.

I checked my car and it says not valid on this vehicle (oh well).
Eeeps   
Thu Jun 23 2016, 04:59pm
Member No: #44054
bluehdi wrote ...

A Google search on Citroen Mapcare finds numerous articles, suggesting that map updates may be done as part of having Citroens serviced within the dealer network. Will be interesting how this develops if it is rolled out to owners of slightly older cars.

I would jump at the opportunity to receive that many updates free of charge and at £69 each, that represents a big saving on something that most owners wouldn't pay out for. The 2016 listed map update is valid as at quarter 2 2015, which means it's likely to be some way behind some of the road changes, but even so.

I checked my car and it says not valid on this vehicle (oh well).

Just took a look at mine and initially it also stated 'Not valid...'.

Then went and set my Dealer and Service Dealer (different but both Citroën Retail) and I now have the offer showing!

I can't believe its for real. Anyone confirmed the download?

Cheers,

Ian
YOG   
Thu Jun 23 2016, 07:42pm
Member No: #17929
I've just downloded the zip-file. Will probably look at it later today.
"With MapCare™ program, you can update twice a year for five years, the mapping for your Citroën."
niggly56   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 12:36am
Member No: #41618
Interesting.
As someone who has paid the extortionate price of £129 for the map upgrade, I thought I would try it on my account.
Unfortunately, it says my vehicle is not eligible for the updates.
I wonder what the criteria for eligibility are?
vimto2000   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 05:57am
Member No: #37385
Interesting...what do you need to sign up to the site?

Might check this out.
Eeeps   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 07:00am
Member No: #44054
vimto2000 wrote ...

Interesting...what do you need to sign up to the site?

Might check this out.

The usual stuff (name, address , etc) and your vehicle VIN and reg.

I also had to enter my dealer details before it showed the MapCare as being valid.
vimto2000   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 07:48am
Ok ..I've entered it all and it's allowing me to download!

So has anyone done the update?
niggly56   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 07:55am
I don't understand.
My C4P is 2015 registered, and I have completed all the details, but it says I am not eligible.
Those members who have got the download- are your cars more recent?
I don't really want to pay another £129 for the update if they are now giving it for free!
vimto2000   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 09:18am
I got mine end of November 2015...so depends on when it became active.
northspoon   
Fri Jun 24 2016, 02:12pm
My car is Sept 2015 and is eligible. I have downloaded the file and put it on a USB stick, which took over an hour to do.

Apparantly the update has to be done with the car engine running.

I have just tried this update but without success. I was using a 32Gb USB stick with the unzipped files on it. I put the stick into the left hand USB socket...nothing happened. The pdf instructions mentioned what to do if the update is not detected. This says press the Nav button and select Map and Search, but in my case the Search is greyed out.

Anyone had sucess yet?

niggly56   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 01:34am
When you unzipped the files to the usb stick, did you end up with a folder on the stick containing many other folders? If so, you need to unzip it on your pc and only copy the file/folders across contained within the main folder. Then it should work....

Yes it has to be done with the engine running and when I did my purchased update of ALL the maps- it took over an hour!
northspoon   
Sat Jun 25 2016, 02:19am
I unzipped the file to a folder on my desktop, then copied the contents to the USB stick.

This is the contents of the USB stick:

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member