or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Directional Headlight Fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Swebby   
Sun Jun 19 2016, 07:56am
Member No: #30933
Citroen C4 2006 2.0 HDI Exclusive
Hi, trying to narrow down the Auto adjustment/directional fault. The headlights have minor movement on start up but then goes into fault mode. Could the levelling sensor be faulty? If it was one or both motors that was causing this fault would the headlights move at all and still illuminate?
Thanks
Simon
wozza   
Sun Jun 19 2016, 08:11am

Member No: #2
It's likely either the rear or front sensor that is the problem. Motors and it wouldn't move at all.

Rear sensors are fairly common to go.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 Swebby (25 Jun 2016 : 11:33)
Swebby   
Sun Jun 19 2016, 10:02am
Thanks for this. Didn't realise that there was a front sensor, where is its position please?

Having played with the rear sensor pushing it up and down the fault warnings have stopped and the headlights are functioning normally. Happy days
Swebby   
Mon Jul 11 2016, 01:36pm
Depressed the fault has returned!! Can anyone advise if this is a main dealer part only. Tried to purchase second hand rear load sensor to confirm fault but no luck. Thanks
FakeConcern   
Mon Jul 11 2016, 04:05pm
Member No: #24127
Swebby wrote ...

Depressed the fault has returned!! Can anyone advise if this is a main dealer part only. Tried to purchase second hand rear load sensor to confirm fault but no luck. Thanks

I have had this problem on 2 different cars and each time bought the sensor from main dealer and got a 10% discount by saying I belong to C4Owners! However I am currently breaking a VTS HDI and if you want I'll get the sensor from that for you much cheaper if you want to take a chance. PM me if you're interested.
1 User said Thank You to FakeConcern for this Post :
 Swebby (12 Jul 2016 : 12:25)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member