or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

AdBlue Top Up v. Fill AdBlue Reservoir

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Eeeps   
Wed Jun 15 2016, 03:47pm
Member No: #44054
I've been looking at the Citroën website for the servicing cost from main dealers and apart from the big difference in those prices there seem to be two options for the AdBlue.

There's a 'Fill Adblue Reservoir' and an 'AdBlue Top Up'.

The 'AdBlue Top Up' is always £9.99 and the 'Fill Adblue Reservoir' varies in price from £28 to £32.

I was under the impression that the 'AdBlue Top Up' was for a maximum of 10l.

I would seem that this represent much better value since the 'Fill Adblue Reservoir' could only ever provide 17l.

That gives 'AdBlue Top Up' @ £1 per litre and 'Fill Adblue Reservoir' @ £1.88 per litre.

Carrying this line of thinking, you really want to get the 'AdBlue Top Up' done after you have used 10l of fluid.
If the Citroën AdBlue range of 12,000 miles can be believed then you should have used 10l at 7,000 miles.

I'm currently on 3,500 miles so I'll be getting my dealer top up in another 3,500 miles or so.

Does the AdBlue warning have to be on before the dealer will do the top up?

Cheers,

Ian
vimto2000   
Thu Jun 16 2016, 07:04am
Member No: #37385
It's best speaking to your dealer what the top actually is! I kept getting conflicting answers on my top up. Either way, I was told it would take me to my next service where it would be filled up anyway.

I for one won't be going back to the dealer for a top up...when I can buy a 10l container from the forecourt for £13.99. Less time spent travelling to the garage and wasting time for them to do the top up.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member