or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Keyless entry not working on driver's side

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CitroenNoticer   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 03:27PM
Member No: #41033
Hi
I have a 2014 C4GP 1.6 hdi exclusive+ and the keyless entry unlock and lock has suddenly stopped working on the driver side. The passenger side works fine and the keyless start is also okay. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know the fix? It is still under warranty so the dealer should be able to sort it but I've only just had it in a fortnight ago for a new master cylinder for the clutch so would rather I wasn't going in blind.

Thanks
rusky   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 03:37PM
Member No: #27768
Could it be a setting like the old C4 where you could set the fob to unlock just one door?
CitroenNoticer   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 04:01PM
Hi Rusky

I'm not sure. I looked through the manual and not noticed anything like that.
YOG   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 05:52PM
Member No: #17929
On the C4, with Selective Locking, you can set the central locking for all doors, or just the drivers. In your case, it would appear to be a fault with the actual drivers lock. Have you tried to manually lock/unlock the driver's side, as the mechanism may be stuck?
Bertosz   
Fri Jun 17 2016, 02:59PM
Member No: #44665
I had this problem once with my C4 GP II 2016. I've put the key into the socket and started the engine. The key has reprogrammed and doors works again...
1 User said Thank You to Bertosz for this Post :
 Kompf (09 Jan 2017 : 00:15)
CitroenNoticer   
Fri Jun 17 2016, 03:11PM
Hi thanks for your responses everyone. I tried putting the key in the socket and starting to hopefully reset it but it didn't work. I took it in to the dealer this afternoon fully expecting to need a new door handle on the driver's side but they connected it to the diagnostics machine and reset it from there and now it's back working again. I asked if it was possible to do this without the machine in case it happens again in the future but they said not.
ellybelly   
Fri Sep 16 2016, 08:05AM
Member No: #46214
I hope you got this resolved, but this affected us recently and in the last week of warranty we ended up with 2 new front door handles. Just in the nick of time!
CitroenNoticer   
Fri Sep 16 2016, 08:26AM
ellybelly wrote ...

I hope you got this resolved, but this affected us recently and in the last week of warranty we ended up with 2 new front door handles. Just in the nick of time!

Hi

Yes the dealer sorted it out with a system reset and it's not suffered with it since. I've got 3 more months before the warranty is up so hopefully if it does go wrong it will happen before then! Lucky you had yours sorted just in time.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member