or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

DAB Radio Loses Signal after 15/20 Minutes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Axelkev   
Sat Jun 11 2016, 05:46am
Member No: #43904
Hi, I have a C4GP Blue Hdi Exc+, Regd March 2016. The DAB radio loses its signal and radio station presets after 15/20 minutes whereas FM & AM etc. continue to work fine. The signal does return very briefly once or twice at varying intervals after the initial loss before then remaining off.
The loss of signal on DAB seems to be "heat" related as during the recent hot weather (and my car is parked in direct sunlight), then the DAB did not work from the outset, if parked in shade / cooler positions then it is as stated above - goes off after 15/20 mins.
I have had the car back to the dealership and they said that it just needed a software update as it appeared to be listed in the known "bugs". The update was effected and on my return journey home the signal was lost after 5 minutes (presumably the unit not having cooled down after being tested - may be for not long enough!). The car is now booked back in for further investigations.
Has anybody else had this issue?
No hair   
Sun Jun 12 2016, 05:28am
Member No: #550
To be honest I think the radio in the current Picasso is pants.
I travel 50 miles to my work and my previous Picasso's non DAB radios held a station far far better than the radio in my current late 2015 Picasso. It does not matter whether I listen via DAB or FM I lose my favourite station much earlier than before. All I had to do was hit the same memory button and I was back on the station again for the rest of the journey. The current radio will not lock onto the station again all, it's all over the place.
I was really looking forward to getting a DAB radio in my car but I'd settle for the radio I had in my Picasso 4/5 years ago, it was far superior to holding on to a particular station than my current radio.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member