or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

I wish there was a software update to delay S&S kick off

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tait   
Wed Jun 08 2016, 05:20pm
Member No: #43791
is it me or this start&stop mechanism is kicking too soon ? really annoying.
I wish (if Citroen reps are reading...) that there was a setting for :
off/3s/6s/9seconds kick off delay before the car stops the engine.
As in VW: I wish it could persist user settings.
kiltedpict   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 02:12am
Member No: #44133
I cant mine to work at all!! must be because i have the aircon on all the time
wunny   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 02:48am
Member No: #42824
From day 1, my car's SS was instantly disabled, because it had not been installed when built, once all the car's software was re-installed, I've not had any problems.

It does what it is supposed to do seamlessly, once the car's temperature settings are reached and it works even though the A/C is always on.

I like it.
routemaster1   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 03:35am
Member No: #574
kiltedpict wrote ...

I cant mine to work at all!! must be because i have the aircon on all the time

As Wunny says above, and as I have found, the S/S works with the aircon running. Whether it stops or not appears to be down to various things, whether the engine is up to temperature, load (including aircon), battery charge and/or condition. If the system never works at all I would take it to Citroen for a battery test. Oh, and it doesn't seem to work when the external temperature exceeds 35oC. (not likely in GB).
tait   
Fri Jun 10 2016, 01:14am
Member No: #43791
if S&S doesn't work at all : (in 90%) means battery is below 60% charge and will soon require replacement.
the battery type for C4GP is AGM battery 70Ah . its not a cheap one.

No hair   
Sun Jun 12 2016, 05:38am
Member No: #550
Why not just keep your foot on the clutch pedal for longer before taking your foot off, the S&S does not kick in until you take your foot off the clutch.

Not sure about what a automatic does, I have never had one.
northspoon   
Sun Jun 12 2016, 12:20pm
Member No: #4689
I have an automatic and the S&S will work if your foot is on the brake, but not if you put it into neutral or park.

You can stop the S&S working altogether in the car settings.
routemaster1   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 01:31am
Member No: #574
northspoon wrote ...

I have an automatic and the S&S will work if your foot is on the brake, but not if you put it into neutral or park.

You can stop the S&S working altogether in the car settings.

Does it not reset after each engine stop? As I have a manual, and I can either hold the clutch down or slip out of gear without pressing the clutch I have never had to use the settings.
rennug   
Thu Jun 16 2016, 09:00am
Member No: #43435
I know how you feel. In start stop traffic, it cuts off the engine once the car to a complete stop. Except that one oftens need to move off right away.

Switching this off involves pressing the vehicle settings button, then getting out of the default parking sensors menu before pressing the start stop button. Worse, this can't be done when the vehicle is moving.

Annoying for sure. A few seconds delay before coming on will help for sure!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member