or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Power for reverse camera

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Paulf   
Fri May 13 2016, 01:47pm
Member No: #44177
Hi I have got a C4 1.6 Hdi vtr egs 08 reg. I am fitting a reversing camera all is going well until I realised the reversing light are in the rear hatch door. I have mounted the camera off the bumper and threaded the cables through the bung on the load space floor and temporary power the camera from the rear power socket. My question is where have others got the power from I.e. from the door and run a wire around the door over the flexi rubber and down the door gutter or have you broke into the wires under a panel. The socket remains live so not a long term solutions. Thanks in advance Paulf.
KenC   
Sat May 14 2016, 02:52am
Member No: #18024
Have you looked at any posts about fitting a tow bar?
ejmbon   
Sat May 14 2016, 07:59am
Member No: #44786
Connect it to the rear lights

ejmbon
BigJohnD   
Sat May 14 2016, 12:21pm

Member No: #82
ejmbon wrote ...

Connect it to the rear lights

Not recommended because of the car's CANBus.

Please Note: later model cars come with an official warning sticker in the boot stating that the wiring should should not draw more than an additional 10mA.

Thus powering additional lighting or an obstacle detection system directly is unacceptable as more than an additional 10mA will be drawn. (A 5W bulb will consume over 400mA.)

You will need to use a relay or find a (switched) live source from the fuse box.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member