or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

C4 2012 Radio / speaker questions.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Speeder   
Tue May 10 2016, 02:04pm
Member No: #44753
Hi all,
I recently purchased a C4 B7 from 2012.
I'm quit fond of it, but the audio is shockingly dreadful
There is no bass, and audio seems quit high pitched regardless of my effort to ajust the EQ on the headunit.

Please bare with me, as I have no clue if there is any differences between the C4's sold in Denmark vs. UK, except for the obvious right vs left hand steering

Would it be a complete waste of money to get new speakers in the doors, and maybe a small woofer in the trunk, because the headunit is just [%*^#@!], or is it something which is fixable with a proper amplifier?

Does anyone know what model my head unit is, I'd like to know if it has any RCA port etc on the back, without trying to dismantle our "new" car infront of the mrs.

mluijben   
Mon Jun 20 2016, 01:14pm
Member No: #45086
I have recently purchased 2011 DS4 and have to say that my experience is the same as yours.
Audio quality is the worst I have ever had in a car!
upgraded to Pioneer speakers all around, it does sound better but there is hardly any bass or depth.
To me it almost sounds like the RT6 systems filters bass??
I am also wondering if an amp upgrade will help or will it be a waste of money?
rhambri   
Thu Aug 18 2016, 11:20am
Member No: #45896
I'm into the 2nd week of ownership of a white 2011 1.6 diesel.

I'm really frustrated with the audio performance. I didn't think to test the audio sound on the test drive, I'm absolutely kicking myself now as I would have not purchased the car knowing the audio was so bad. This may seem a little over the top, but the radio on a long drive needs to be good quality and not a 'tinny' sounding irritant.

My wife's Fiesta has a better sounding stereo and it's only a basic Zetec model. The C4 is seriously let down by the poor sounding radio, I've tried max bass and all the preset sounds, the 'rock/pop' is the best option in my opinion for trying to glean a little bass.

Whoever in Citroen is head of the ICE department must surely be partially deaf?

I'm going to try max bass on my iPhone and use the aux connection to see if I can hear a little bass. However this will not have an effect on the radio.

To sum up a lesson learned here is to test drive a radio as well as the drive of the car. This C4 has a very good drive, but the poor ICE means I will be looking to change cars again when I can afford to. Shame really as the car drives rather nice.
gittos   
Thu Aug 18 2016, 12:30pm
Member No: #30055
If you want to hear a poor sound system you want to try the latest C4P, the one in your model of C4P is miles better.
rhambri   
Thu Aug 18 2016, 12:40pm
I have increased the bass significantly by using a graphic equaliser app within my iPhone for tracks on my iPhone . Using the app and connecting by the aux lead gives quite good sound. Unfortunately no steering wheel control over the tracks and listings. I guess you can't have it all

If I use the usb lead then I will have control of the tracks, but the graphic equaliser app called FX will not be utilised as it defaults to the iPhone player. Next I'll try different 'effects' in the stock iPhone music player like 'Bass Boost' etc. May make a difference?

I cannot think of an easy way to increase the bass in the Citroen radio

Feeling a little happier now

rhambri   
Thu Aug 18 2016, 12:45pm
I'm driving a 2011 C4 hatchback by the way and not a Picasso
yovavb   
Mon Aug 29 2016, 09:08am
Member No: #14234
I find myself dialing the bass down. the sound quality is not top quality, but it's certainly not bad. the old C4 had a much better sound. I have the 2011 120vti
BigJohnD   
Mon Aug 29 2016, 11:40am

Member No: #82
Personally I listen mostly to speech and end up reducing the bass. The system works well either via my old iPod on the USB port or from my LG G5 via blue tooth.

I'd agree the system basic is minimum spec though uprated speakers aren't too difficult to fit.
rhambri   
Sat Sep 10 2016, 07:12am
After a couple of weeks of ownership I'm kinda of getting use to the poor audio quality. I've used the bass booster setting on my iPhone and the preset 'Techno' in audio settings on the radio. This combination sounds ok. This proves the speakers are fine, it's the sound processor of the car radio that is below par.

So the iPhone through Bluetooth or 3.5mm jack is fine, the radio still sounds tinny when the car is moving.

wozza   
Sat Sep 10 2016, 10:48am

Member No: #2
If you want to spend some money and make the system sound good. There are ways of doing it. Depends on how much you want to spend. You can keep the standard headunit and make it sound better though. It'll be used for nothing but source and all the processing can be done with something a lot better.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 rhambri (30 Sep 2016 : 10:59)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member