or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's Everyone Up To 2016?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
riven1962   
Wed Apr 06 2016, 03:28pm
Member No: #18905
Thinking of going to Cyprus or similar in Feb next year. Our eldest daughter will be away at Keele uni, our youngest will away skiing with her school. Mum and dad will be going somewhere, for the first time in years on our own.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 04:44am

Member No: #1
You can take her skiing in the Todos Mountains in February.....

Been doing some work on the Traction Avant, replaced the petrol tank, fitted seat belts, swapped the Volute Spring engine mounts for new rubber 'silentblocs' to reduce noise and vibration.

All much simpler to do than on a modern car.....
BigJohnD   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 06:00am

Member No: #82
Web Admin Only wrote ...

Been doing some work on the Traction Avant, replaced the petrol tank, fitted seat belts, swapped the Volute Spring engine mounts for new rubber 'silentblocs' to reduce noise and vibration.

All much simpler to do than on a modern car.....

Saw some pics - great work.
riven1962   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 07:47am
Doing the housework at the moment as the wife is in the Royal Uni hospital, Liverpool with a bad back.
wozza   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 10:47am

Member No: #2
Been putting shelves up today. House is getting very close to being actually habitable in all rooms. Computer room is last on the list. Currently doing the lounge shelves in the chimney breast alcoves.

Electric screwdriver died and as a result I've just had to put 42, 8mm x 80mm screws in by hand.

My arms and hands are absolutely killing me now.

Finish off wallpapering tomorrow and it should look great.

An then I can work on the computer room / man cave this week. Get that the way I want it and then yay! I'll be back on here daily again. 8 weeks without computer or even a functional TV. Will be nice to be able to come home and just relax without starting work on the house again.

Been a massive effort. Not done yet, however what's left to do isn't as big a job as the stuff that's been done. I can finally see the end. We only have 3 more boxes to unpack as well!!!
GPGeorge   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 10:58am
Member No: #44097
Thanks Dave for setting up this brilliant site, I've used it for a long time but only recently joined up to give something back if i can. Best of luck for the future Dave, and best of luck to wozza in his new role.
rusky   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 10:59am
Member No: #27768
I can sympathise! We've just had an extension built.

The extra space is great but the mess was quite something. Not to mention being without a kitchen over Christmas.

It's bad enough having to decorate 4 new rooms (I haven't touched the new bathroom yet!) but then there's the re-decorating of 4 original rooms made necessary by the work.
GPGeorge   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 12:19pm
Member No: #44097
Going centre parcs woburn forest at the beginning of June, can't wait now to go and sit in the woods in the fresh air for some peace and quiet away from London! Second time this year
BigJohnD   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 01:46pm

After four attempts to fit a towel rail to the central heating and hours of phone calls, they've agreed the towel rail is faulty. Replacement on the way.

Been through yards of PTFE tape and half a tin of Boss white and can't get the valve connection into the towel rail to be watertight. Fed up with water pouring everywhere and draining the system.

PS: Great night on the Kop End on Thurs!

Biohead   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 04:50am

Member No: #6049
It's nice to see your Traction updates on Facebook Dave! It's such a sight to see how much easier things are to work on!

In other news, the Loeb is being sold - although at this rate I'm struggling to even give it away! But it has already been replaced by a 2011 C5 Tourer! Its such a comfortable drive, there's plenty of power (it's the 160hp RHH engine), it's only £130 to tax, much much much more space than the C4s and still got the goodies of the C4 (except xenons, which I do miss). I'm now in two minds whether I also sell the VTS (having just spent a lot on it getting it back in good order) - especially when the C5 is getting significantly better MPG. On the way down from my parents, the tank range was showing over 1150 miles (71L tank - the VTS's 60L tank is good for 650 miles for me usually).
BigJohnD   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 05:01am

Good promo for the C5! I'm hoping to get one - funds permitting - as I need more boot space.
riven1962   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 08:38am
I am another one who likes the look of a C5.
Biohead   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 11:23am

Member No: #6049
I've had it a week so far, and I've got to say I'm more than happy with it. I'd had my eye on a C5 for a while now (I've been feeling sorry for the VTS and the THP has never quite felt right commuting) and one came up for sale near me. It was a VTR+ and had a lot of optional extras too, 2009/59, the same RHH/160 engine (earlier models got the RHR/138 engine like the VTS) but it was an auto. I've nothing against auto's, and it's a nice auto box - but the thing that did it for me was £130 tax on the manual, or £225 on the auto. This one then came up near my parents (2011/60), my dad went to look at it for me and it gave me a very big grin driving back!
riven1962   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 08:49am
Got a leaflet through the door yesterday promoting bio diesel and was wondering if anyone here uses it. The price is at least 10p per litre less than at the fourcourt prices. Reading the info about it, it looks very good so was wondering if anyone else has used it.
routemaster1   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 12:27pm
Member No: #574
As far as I know, you should not use high bio content diesel in Citroen engines. I can't remember the maximum bio content allowed but IIRC it is 10-15%.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member