or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

Oil leaking in turbo area - help

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ojtee   
Thu Apr 14 2016, 05:49pm
Member No: #40732
Hi all,
Has anyone experienced any oil leak around the turbo area?
I tried looking but can't seem to find the source.
Seems the oil is dripping down to wire and hose below.
So far, it's about 5 to 6 drips overnight, but not sure if oil is seeping out during running.

Are there issues with oil seals around that area and what are the common parts I need to change?

Thanks in advance.
FrankBullitt   
Thu Apr 14 2016, 11:16pm

Member No: #19238
Which engine do you have?
arsenije   
Mon Jan 02 2017, 03:31am
Member No: #8233
I guess 1.6HDi ... noticed same thing lately. It's on air inlet side of turbo. It's kinda greasy but I noticed there are some traces of oil under on some wires. Anybody knows what might be the reason. Will upload photo later (it's -13°C outside so I can't be bothered to do it right now)
ojtee   
Tue May 09 2017, 10:56am
Member No: #40732
Mine is 1.6 THP petrol, HDi engines are really scarce here.

just noticed it is from the top part of the union . Thing is should i replace the whole pipe ?
Is it difficult to do? Local experts say its difficult as i need to remove the Cat to access some parts

Any advise or diagram /guide would really help as I plan to do it myself since i'm quite handy with tools
georgeng   
Wed May 10 2017, 10:41pm
Member No: #28614
It happened to me about 2 months ago. Needed to change the whole pipe. Cat had to be removed to reach the lower pipe connection. I had mine done in a motor workshop.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member