or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's Everyone Up To 2016?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
riven1962   
Thu Jan 28 2016, 12:50pm
Member No: #18905
We will be flying to Schipol, then getting the train to Roosendaal in the south. We have a small journey each day into Belgium to the Mitutoyo training centre.
riven1962   
Mon Feb 15 2016, 09:40am
I have just won £2,000,000 on the lottery. Well that's what the e-mail said I had won before I deleted it.
Biohead   
Fri Feb 19 2016, 09:47am

Member No: #6049
Just back from a nice break in Florida... my god it was fresh stepping out again at Heathrow this morning!!!

Should be off to see the VTS tomorrow, whilst I've been away I've had it in for a new clutch (slipping when you put your foot down in 4th 5th and 6th) and hopefully close off my recent DPF issues.
BigJohnD   
Fri Feb 19 2016, 10:49am

Member No: #82
Been having more hassles with Win 10.
Windows 10 forced update KB 3135173 changes browser and other defaults
If the update is removed, it re-installs itself in the background.

Seemed in my case it was linked to Winzip, which I couldn't figure out at all. Every time Winzip was loaded, the resetting of file types to the default went crazy. Must have been a hundred occasions in a few seconds before I caught on and closed Winzip. But Winzip knew all about it.
Windows 10 - An app default was reset (older WinZip versions)
I updated to Winzip 20 and all is fine.

For insurance, I took control of the files MicrosoftEdge.exe and MicrosoftEdgeC.exe and renamed them MicrosoftEdgeOLD.exe MicrosoftEdgeCPOLD.exe. That was a suggestion from http://superuser.com/ - hope no damage is done as a result, but I'm happy!
riven1962   
Fri Feb 19 2016, 01:29pm
Looking forward to my week away next week. Going on a Mitutoyo training course in Holland and Belgium with a couple of mates from work. We are all being trained how to use a precision surface flatness machine for company we work for, Flowserve.
wozza   
Fri Feb 19 2016, 02:32pm

Member No: #2
Currently unpacking boxes while also working 10-12 hour days. As the girlfriend has moved in and I basically moved her entire house in a day.

I also decorated 2 rooms an basically now I'm so run down I have managed to get the flu. So tonight, I finish work at 10:15 I'm going home and going to bed. In the spare room. So the misses doesn't catch it....

I just can't wait until the house is done everything unpacked and cleared out what we don't need. Then I can relax. Only have to deal with work.

So that's basically why I'm not around as much as normal. I will still fix issues if people PM me and I have been sorting them. Just might take me a few hours.
BigJohnD   
Fri Feb 19 2016, 03:23pm

All the best Tom. Don't overdo it. And let me know if I can help C4Owners-wise.
FrankBullitt   
Fri Feb 19 2016, 03:50pm

Member No: #19238
We spent a few days on Portland, Dorset, our friends have a house there that we tend to borrow at Feb half term - went to the Haynes (of the manual variety) Motor Museum;

- Click Here -

It's fantastic, along with the usual trip to Bovington tank museum makes a nice break at this time of year

Tom, my technical knowledge is minimal but I'm absolutely happy to help
BigJohnD   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 07:52am

Have done 472 miles so far today at 58mph and 58mpg. With enough left for another 335, making over 800 on tankful. Thank you Tesco/Greenergy.

Been to Heathrow and back to pick up Mrs D at 8:30am.

Have to say the M53/M56/M6/M6T/M42/M40/M25 was remarkably free from roadworks and congestion (but not loony drivers).
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 09:02am

Member No: #1
Spent a couple of hours outside on the drive over the past few days fitting seat belts to the Traction all because of 'nervous' passengers as the car is LHD. Could only do a couple of hours a time as it was a bit on the cold side.

Had to have the inner sill mounting points welded in, but the stalks are bolted to the floor via a spreader plate I made and the top mounts go onto the door hinges.

Belts are E4 rated from eBay and all the bolts are standard fitting NOS 7/16 UNF Grade 8.8 1814956

Total cost for the belts, bolts etc. and including the welding at a local repair shop: £88.00

BigJohnD   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 10:34am

Nice!
riven1962   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 02:52pm
Sat in my hotel room in Roosendaal, after another intense day on the training course.
wozza   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 05:01pm

Member No: #2
House is coming along a bit.

We have got one bedroom completely finished. The smallest is piled with boxes 8ft square box room and it's already got my computer stuff in there. So piled with boxes means 8-10. The other double has a couple boxes in it.

Kitchen, dining room and lounge are nearly done too.

Basically we are getting there. Managed to get next week off work so I'm planning to spend that time putting shelves up. An clearing the box bedroom out. Reckon downstairs will be done by Monday / Tuesday.

Most of the boxes were piled in the dining room. An after today there's only 3 boxes left in there. So the misses was so much happier.

Hopefully, be back on more in a week or so. I'm looking forward to getting back to my computer as we have not had TV or anything for days. Just can't wait to be able to sit an relax.

Especially considering I'm doing this and we're down 2 members of staff this week so I'm doing a 60 hour week. All I'm thinking is. That will get us a new carpet for the stairs and landing. That's what is getting me through the week right now. The fact that in 1-2 months the house will look so much better.
BigJohnD   
Thu Feb 25 2016, 03:27am

All the best Tom!
Biohead   
Sun Feb 28 2016, 05:53am

Member No: #6049
Hope everything's running well Tom! Even though we moved back in October, I still have one box left to unpack.

Does anyone have any recommendation for new locking nuts? My locking key is looking suspect at the minute so going to dump the stock ones.

Picked the VTS up, new clutch in and now back at full boost. It's the first time since I got the THP the VTS has been back at full power, and you can tell the difference between them. The THP throws you back in the seat when you put your foot down, whereas the HDi just keeps going and going and going. Very very different drives.

Also, I managed to break my glovebox handle last week, so I ordered one of the steel replacements off ebay and got that fitted. Shouldn't be breaking again!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member