or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Does C4 1st gen need clutch or gearbox fluid change?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
schweppes   
Mon Feb 15 2016, 12:24pm
Member No: #42137
Greetings fellow Citroen drivers,

I have a 1st gen Citroen C4 SX, 1.4 petrol hatchback and I was wondering if my car needs regular clutch or gearbox fluid changes?
Like, one of my previous cars needed gearbox fluid change, but most of my previous cars didn't. And none of my previous cars needed clutch fluid changes, but I have heard that some Citroens do need such service from time to time.
So I was wondering if my car needs regular clutch or gearbox fluid changes? And if so, at what intervals?
I have been reading my maintenance manual and googling the Internet, but I still can't find a definitive answer to that question.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Dimuha1989   
Thu Dec 08 2016, 07:51am
Member No: #40631
As far as I know manual does not need oil change. Automatic may have fluid. Check in your owner's and service manuals.

Obviously, if you do clutch repairs, oil will be drained and replaced. But once again, not entirely sure about automatics.
NikolaH   
Mon Jan 02 2017, 03:16am
Member No: #44435
I own a manual and did the change at around 80kkm and it maybe placebo but i felt that the gear changes are smoother so do it just for the piece of mind

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member