or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's Everyone Up To 2016?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
riven1962   
Fri Aug 12 2016, 04:45am
Member No: #18905
Another year another MOT with nothing to report.
Now to fix the slight water leak, which looks like its coming from the heater matrix.
1 User said Thank You to riven1962 for this Post :
 Honest (12 Aug 2016 : 06:14)
riven1962   
Fri Aug 12 2016, 09:09am
I contacted one of the garage's on here who give a discount for parts. I asked them for a price for the 'O' rings that I would need to possibly fix the leak from the matrix. After reading some other threads about the same leak, these are the parts I thought I would need. Rigbyes have since told me the 'O' ring kit is no longer available. Here's what they said:
Hi Steven
Part number 6448V7 is no longer available.You can noly get with the pipes
We have attached a picture and you get A+C+D+E
We can supply for the discounted price of £158.00 inc shipping, although you may be able to get o rings from your local factors.
I will have a look over the weekend to see what I need.
riven1962   
Wed Aug 24 2016, 01:50am
Got back last night from two days in Yorkshire. Drove upto York on Monday, stayed for a day and stayed local. Yesterday we drove to Eden Camp, an ex POW camp on the A64 to Scarborough, stayed for most of the day and then spent a few hours in the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington. It's not a big place but well worth a few hours of anyone's time. The whole time the car was perfect and according to the onboard computer the MPG is now upto 67.2.
Can't make my mind up over the matrix leak, its there one minute and then nothing for a couple of days. I get such a tiny amount as well.
BigJohnD   
Wed Aug 24 2016, 11:15am

Member No: #82
We're in Épernay and just filled the boot with 104kg of champagne!

It's roasting hot, knocking on 35°C. The French have issued a weather alert as it's so hot.
riven1962   
Wed Aug 24 2016, 01:02pm
BigJohnD wrote ...

We're in Épernay and just filled the boot with 104kg of champagne!

It's roasting hot, knocking on 35°C. The French have issued a weather alert as it's so hot.

How many case's is that John?
BigJohnD   
Wed Aug 24 2016, 01:25pm

60 bottles in 10 cardboard boxes.

For my daughter's wedding. A bottle per guest!
- Click Here -
AndrewM   
Wed Aug 24 2016, 03:29pm
Member No: #34563
Hi all,

As we are in the holiday mode/mood, I thought I would post our experiences during the last month or so.

We booked to go over on the Portsmouth/Cherbourg route and did so on 20th July. We, that's me, the wife and 4 kids together with a full car of luggage and roofbox, took the route south covering Nantes (1 night), Lourdes (1 night) across the base of the Pyrenees to Perpignan and down to Girona. As with BigJohnD, it was bordering on 38 degC all the way.

We stayed for 4 nights at the Cypsela resort which was really brilliant. Can recommend this park. After that, we drove down to Barcelona and stayed there 2 nights. That's a place i could live easily...really lovely city.

Then the long drive back from Barcelona to Bordeaux where we stayed 1 night. We arrived there on the Saturday evening about midnight. The car was in a fenced car park at the hotel with a fancy electronic gate to get in.

The wife went down to the car at 0730 on the Sunday morning to be greeted by a car sans roofbox. Two masked guys in a black Audi had cut through the fence in front of our car and taken the box and roof bars. The box was a Kamei Corvara (really nice box too) and the bars and feet were Thule. Bars locked to the car roof rails and the box locked to the roof bars. A French guy who witnessed it gave us the description but was too afraid to challenge these guys and I'm not surprised. I would have done exactly as him - kept out of the way!

The locks are clearly only a partial deterrent. They managed to get the feet off the roof rail on one side but must have failed on the other side as they unbolted the roof rail from the car and took that too!

There were no high-value items in the box, just 2 weeks worth of clothing and shoes and bits & pieces for 6 people. At least £600 worth. The box, bars and roof rail were roughly £800. Three hours followed in Bordeaux central police station making reports.

Guys, do make sure that you don't have anything in your roof boxes that are high value. The locks aren't substantial obviously.

LV (insured through Chris Knott) paid out for a new roof box/bars and replacement rail within 3 days. I was really impressed with them. 1 email and 2 phone calls.

My travel insurance has paid out £250 to cover the contents, small amount but it is certainly better than nothing. I am still in contact with the hotel about compensation. Surprisingly, they have agreed in principle but this is after I emailed the hotel group CEO, three times. Remote-ish hotel, no CCTV or patrols. No deterrents. We'll see.

The car itself performed brilliantly. Not a moments trouble, no error codes or Christmas trees. Managed an average of 44mpg over 4,000kms. Can't complain about that.

The journey back from Bordeaux to Cherbourg went without a hitch.

Below is a photo of her in Barcelona, a day before the Bordeaux trouble.

2 User said Thank You to AndrewM for this Post :
 Mistermena (25 Aug 2016 : 02:54) , Honest (25 Aug 2016 : 12:58)
Mistermena   
Thu Aug 25 2016, 03:00am
Member No: #43905
Sorry to hear about the troubles you've encountered across the pond! [%*^#@!] awful that some A-Holes will do stuff like that. Glad to hear that the insurance were quick to respond with paying out. I've been with LV for years! Really good tbh. But this year they were way off the mark for the C4GP! So went to Chris Knott as they came up with a fantastic price of £360 for full comp with protected NCB.

Hope you get the hotel group to stump up the other compo 👍
BigJohnD   
Thu Aug 25 2016, 01:25pm

Ouch! We're passing Bordeaux tomorrow, en route to Vilamoura, Portugal.
AndrewM   
Thu Aug 25 2016, 03:44pm
Thanks guys. That's great john, we are thinking about Portugal next year. Probably UK- Northern Spain which will give us more time to do Portugal and possibly down to Gib.

Looking forward to it already!!
BigJohnD   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 11:04am

In northern Spain now. Vitoria Gasteiz. We're in a beautiful hotel, the Palacio De Elorriaga.

Car going great. Done almost 2,000km at 5.2l/100km which is 54mpg. Not bad considering we're fully laden with no room to spare and only got 92hp to get over those hills!

The A/C has struggled at outside temps of over 35°C but when I stop the radiator fan never comes on. I take that as a good sign.

As an aside, the traffic travelling north from Spain was horrendous. The queue for the Bordeaux bypass must have been 25km long and increased security on entering France meant similar length queues back into Spain clogging the last toll plaza and beyond on the AP8. It's France going home on the last weekend in August....
FrankBullitt   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 11:40am

Member No: #19238
We drove to Le Mans on Sunday the 31st July from the Eurotunnel and then down to Charente Maritime on the 1st August, and drove home in a 'onner' on Friday 12th - we did this to avoid the routes south of Paris on a weekend but to be honest I don't think it was that bad speaking to many people.

I did notice that for the first time when leaving Folkestone I had to stop at French passport control.

We only got 43mpg but I was driving at 130km/h with a roofbox on so that's probably pretty good
BigJohnD   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 12:27pm

Yes, the French are cranking up security at their borders. We has a passport check by a French official (sans birkini) at Dover. Otherwise very straightforward.

We did 685km today and the fuel consumption is at 5.1l/100km (55mpg). Only another 385km to do tomorrow. Any further and we'll be on a boat to North Africa!
AndrewM   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 02:53pm
Very interesting reading about your trips guys.

Funny you should mention N. Africa John....I was looking at ferries from Algeciras the other day, just out of interest. I wonder if anyone on this forum has ventured that far south...yet.
BigJohnD   
Sun Aug 28 2016, 04:07pm

Finally arrived after 3,050km at 5.1l/100km.

Car issues now in last place as wedding issues are supreme.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member