or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's Everyone Up To 2016?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Sun Feb 28 2016, 10:02am

Member No: #82
That's what I like to see when I fill up. (1,520km)
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Honest (01 Mar 2016 : 12:46)
riven1962   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 02:13am
Member No: #18905
Had a bad start to the day yesterday, I will explain. Our daughter was offered a place at Keele Uni the other day. For students who they had made an offer to, they had an open day yesterday, so we went. If anyone knows Widnes where I live, it's a building site at the moment due to the building of a new bridge across the river Mersey. It was due to driving through said building site yesterday that I got a puncture. I pulled over, changed the wheel and its here where I got a break. I drove to National tyres in Runcorn and explained to them I had to be at Keele asap, they could not have been more helpful. They stopped working on an existing customers car, who was having 4 tyres changed. They replaced the Avon I already had on the back with a new one in about 15mins', charged me £77 all in and I was back on my way. They couldn't have been any nicer. Recommend.
wozza   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 03:57am

Member No: #2
I took holidays from work had 7 days to take off before March. So far I've managed 3 an I have been called in again today for 7 hours.

Plus side. I'm getting paid essentially double as I'm getting paid and holiday pay still.

I was quite enjoying my days off though! Especially with the state of the house. Was hoping to finish the kitchen / dining room today. Next door are just going to have to deal with some drilling when I come home. It's tough luck.
BigJohnD   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 04:08am

Great service!

Bridge is supposed to open at the end of 2017. - Click Here -
 Honest (06 Mar 2016 : 13:08)
Biohead   
Sat Mar 19 2016, 10:43am

Member No: #6049
Well, genuinely considering changing at least one of the C4s, and it's likely going to be the Loeb as the VTS is worth that little. The Mk3 C5 is taking my fancy - now is the 1.6 enough for that car or do I need another 2.0?

If anyone is looking at a THP do let me know!
riven1962   
Sat Mar 19 2016, 11:56am
Getting used to using my Amazon stick with the Kodi app.
FrankBullitt   
Sun Mar 20 2016, 03:40am

Member No: #19238
Went to Duxford IWM yesterday as the American museum had reopened after being close for 18 months - the new display is superb, Col. Richard Graham a former SR-71 pilot was there doing presentations and signing his books, fantastic to talk to a person who has flown at Mach 3 - I asked him if he'd ever flown at 3.3 (permitted only if doing so would, specifically remove the pilot and plane from harms way) "No, I've been chased by a few MiG's in my time but never felt that threatened"...crikey! If anyone wants to see an SR-71 Duxford's is the only plane outside of the USA on account of them being based at Mildenhall for a number of years.

Biohead wrote ...

Well, genuinely considering changing at least one of the C4s, and it's likely going to be the Loeb as the VTS is worth that little. The Mk3 C5 is taking my fancy - now is the 1.6 enough for that car or do I need another 2.0?

It probably is, weight wise the C5 is roughly the same as the DS4 and probably less than the C4 Picasso. Usual caveats about the history with the 1.6HDi matter and I'm not sure when they got the 8v unit which is more torquey and has a different injector design. I'd probably look for a 2.0HDi in preference but for the right car don't discount the 1.6.
2 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 Honest (20 Mar 2016 : 11:40) , Biohead (29 Mar 2016 : 13:26)
wozza   
Sun Mar 27 2016, 05:02pm

Nearly finished with everything house related.

Girlfriends parents are coming up in a couple weeks to help us with the last few bits. Only really about 4 boxes in the lounge now. An some stuff to sort out with my study. Then I can finally get back to my computer. I've not even seen it in 6 weeks.

So I should be back on everyday again. Hopefully by weekend. As I appreciate I've not been doing what I should have been with regards to the site.

Obviously bit hard to be around when sorting a house out all while doing a 40-60 hour work week. Been a hectic few weeks.

Be glad to just relax once it is all done.

An then I can put more attention into the site.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 Honest (28 Mar 2016 : 11:45)
riven1962   
Mon Mar 28 2016, 04:17am
Getting back into working on the allotment. Started lots of seeds off ready to go in soon. As for the C4, its running as good as ever, but as its 10yrs old it will be having a Cambelt, water pump and tensioner change very soon.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Mar 28 2016, 12:43pm

Member No: #1
wozza wrote ...

So I should be back on everyday again. Hopefully by weekend. As I appreciate I've not been doing what I should have been with regards to the site.

Things seem to have been going OK and I have checked in most days as agreed.
wozza   
Mon Mar 28 2016, 10:01pm

I've done a few small jobs. Sorted out passwords etc for people, who sent messages to me. An tried to keep on top of general stuff. Just not been able to post as much as I wanted etc.

Just a bit of a pain doing it on an iPhone.

Literally planning to have the last two rooms done by Thursday.

Then I'll be on a lot more again.
BigJohnD   
Wed Apr 06 2016, 05:34am

Just been to the Arctic!

A few pics here which are fine on a large screen and should be fine on a phone but may load more slowly. Wifi recommended!

Travelling north into the Arctic Circle from Bergen: - Click Here -
>70°N at Kirkenes, near Russia: - Click Here -
 barrie (06 Apr 2016 : 14:44)
Honest   
Wed Apr 06 2016, 12:55pm
Member No: #35215
The nice pics. Both I and mine wife are glad for you. Our pensioners cant have a possibility for travelling. They are very poor. Oh, ru is a big and rich country but people who has been creating everything there are living in poverty .
riven1962   
Wed Apr 06 2016, 01:13pm
Nice photos John.
BigJohnD   
Wed Apr 06 2016, 02:40pm

Cheers.

Photos were mostly from my DSLR but there were several from two compacts and two phones.

I can recommend Juicebox for creating multi platform galleries.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member