or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

[moved] Wheel Spacers Question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
petermk   
Tue Dec 29 2015, 05:58am
Member No: #41296
I want to put some wheel spacers on my car. I was looking on the internet and found these: - Click Here -

They are 15mm hubcentric spacers and they look like they are legit.

However, I saw users here on the forum fitting 25mm spacers. My question is, what is the best way to go without compromising safety and tire wear.

I ride on 16" wheels.

Thanks
hill_bill10   
Mon Jan 18 2016, 12:18pm
Member No: #27235
15-20mm would be best IMO. you start to upset things if you go out much wider. i think Wozza had 25mm on his but he had bigger wheels. I'm using 15mm and I'm happy with them.
f411   
Wed Mar 02 2016, 02:04pm
Member No: #18727
I've got 25 mm per side (50 mm total per axle) spacers from H&R (bought at LarkSpeed.com), they are very light, and safe, since it's their 'DRA' system (you keep the standard wheel bolts to get the wheel into the spacer, and them use supplied bolts to attach the spacer into the hub).

I really enjoy the more aggressive look of the car.

wozza   
Wed Mar 02 2016, 08:02pm

Member No: #2
I had wider wheels so essentially mine sat out 40mm further each side. So track was 80mm wider. Spacers were actually 20mm but the wheel itself was 40mm wider than standard. So it had an extra 20mm further out and closer to the suspension strut.

Has some minor rubbing on full lock. However, I was quite low as well and it was only ever getting off my drive I noticed it. Never was an issue when being put through MOT etc.

Nothing wrong with spacers if they are well thought out. No different to running another offset instead.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member