or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

A few mods inc wheel spacers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wozza   
Sun Nov 22 2015, 05:00pm

Member No: #2
If the exhaust is an aftermarket one. Check the paperwork see if it tells you who fitted it. Chances are if it's stainless it'll be warranty. An some will transfer that warranty to new owner as well.

Thing with aftermarket is, you don't know what they used for gaskets etc. It might not be the same as standard. A 1.6 one definitely wont do though. Smaller pipe.
ATKCreative   
Mon Nov 23 2015, 05:53am
Member No: #42197
yeh I thought as much.. Dam. I might just take it down to the garage and see what they say. Just need it to be fixed before it gets worse or anything. It is an aftermarket exhaust, I'll have a look at paper work and see..

Cheers as per!
ATKCreative   
Tue Nov 24 2015, 09:18am
Bulb, before and after

ATKCreative   
Sat Nov 28 2015, 11:13am
So today i went about sorting out the Exhaust.. I rented a whole garage for £10 (per hour) which I didn't even know you could do.. Full of all the tools you could ever need and two Hydraulic 6ft ramps!

Had to clean it up a little from the [%*^#@!] that was used to seal it up before i got the car. and basically popped a little more sealant on the joint and popped the clamp back on.. It seams to me that the clamp isn't the best I could have on it. Has anyone got any ideas?

While I was faffing I thought I would look for the sensor for the Headlamps and low and behold the sensor wasnt even wired up (its obviously broke so I didn't bother wiring it up (rust and corrosion)

Also noticed one of my sidelights was flickering but thats something I can do in the morning. Pictures to follow.

Cheers
ATKCreative   
Sat Nov 28 2015, 11:18am
Once I had finished the guy came over and popped a load more sealant around the clamp which made it look a little more messy than I left it but it worked

ATKCreative   
Wed Jan 27 2016, 09:43am
An update on the sidelights.. I took them out and gave a negative feedback on eBay. (not for the service but for the product) they got in touch with me and said they had changes suppliers and would like to send me a new set. They have sent the new set out and they are much better. Brighter, and lasted longer than a week (touch wood).

I have also been trying to fit my Sub for a few weeks now (obviously just poking around looking on how to sort the fitting) I eventually took the battery mount off the engine block and noticed a plug in the bulk head. (in my previous c4 I used the existing hole/plug that was in the bulkhead from the inside, but on the VTS that didn't exist)

I poked around the hole and felt no way of getting through to the other side so took a screwdriver and punched a hole through the padding (presuming fire/heat proofing) I will attached a few pics of where and how that worked out. The hole sits under the main carpet under my car mats and behind the footwell covers so is well out of site. Another bonus is that I can get to the Subs fuse through the fuse box in the glove compartment which is a nice touch.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member