or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

A few mods inc wheel spacers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ATKCreative   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 08:08am
Member No: #42197
Hi,

Just purchased my 2nd C4 but is now a VTS (yey) loving the car and has the really cool panoramic roof extra which is a nice touch.

A few questions - I have had a look through some threads and had some other questions answered.

• Wheels spacers - when I had my VTR+ I always wanted to get some spacers in to widen the stance slightly as I feel it's a little top heavy. Has anyone put any Spacers on - if so have you any pictures and how big did you go without any problems?

• Owners club stickers? where/how can I get one?

• My directional headlamps don't move - I have read a few bits and think its the sensor thats under the rear cover (next to rear axel) has anyone had to replace that or can a clean fix it? - the lights have been set properly so currently have no problems, they just don't work as they should do.

Here is a few pics of the car I have took myself. Also can anyone remember who had this before me? would like to know any history etc!

Cheers

BigJohnD   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 09:20am

Member No: #82
You need concentric spacers that fit exactly - otherwise there'll be vibration.

- Click Here - and read the FAQ.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 09:48am

Member No: #1
• Owners club stickers? where/how can I get one?

You can't as I haven't got any spares.
FakeConcern   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 02:53pm
Member No: #24127
Your VTS looks great! Not only the pan roof that is cool, you have the full leather in Cream. I've never seen this on a VTS. Have a look at this thread - Click Here -
A similar car to yours, spacers (25mm) get fitted on page 2. Are the directional headlights turned off on your car (turn on & off through the main menu)? If the sensor has gone wrong, the lights usually droop down & the headlight symbol in green flashes.
This is how I changed the rear sensor - Click Here -
ATKCreative   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 03:47am
Awesome thread of upgrades and updates FakeConcen! Unfortunately I don't have the funds for such things haha.. When I got the car a week ago I wasn't overly sure on the interior but I knew it was a rare thing so bypassed that... But now I love it! Its a really bright cockpit what with the pano roof too!

Thanks for the advice on the spaces everyone. Defiantly the look I want to go for! Will look for the 25mm H&R spacers and add to the ever growing list. I don't think I'm going to lower it mind (not got the money, but I will by a front splitter as they are only £40 and make the front look a little lower.

I'm looking for a few bits that my car is missing, such as the plastic boot surround (oddly a part thats not on the car). also a new VTS radio surround as this one seems to have a burn mark on it or something (another Odd thing about the car). I need some Leather conditioning too for the seats and would like to get my alloys refurbished as these are a little tatty.

The exhaust isn't the standard VTS Oval style, its an after market round style (small, not a dustbin sized one) but doesn't look as nice as the Oval one. I have found a Doner car close to me so Im going to have a visit and see how much scrap yards try and rip you off .

New rear wiper and LED side lights in the post

Will try and get some more pics of the car inside and out for you soon (weather being [%*^#@!] the car looks [%*^#@!])

Cheers guys!
ATKCreative   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 03:49am
Oh sorry... about the lights.. The garage I brought the car off set the headlights manually and turned the lights off in the menu, I did turn them on to make sure its wasn't them just no knowing the car, but it came up with the faulty warning and flashing green light so figured it was the sensor, Oddly they do move when I turn on the car to the manual set position.
ATKCreative   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 03:57am
Are these the correct spacers?

- Click Here -

BigJohnD   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 04:08am

Member No: #82
ATKCreative wrote ...

- Click Here -

Hub-centric yes, but you need a PCD of 108 × 4 i.e. the bolt hole centre distance from the centre of the hub is 108 mm with 4 bolt holes equally spaced on that circumference.

Those have 5 holes for starters.

The internal 'spigot' diameter is 65.1mm.
FakeConcern   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 08:34am
I thought you'd like the Oriental blue VTS thread.

Most people (including me)fit an after market exhaust as the standard one is stupidly expensive and doesn't last long.
You are very lucky to find a scrap VTS nearby.
I quite like the look of the (I imagine you mean Cupra) splitter, but mine is lowered (only by 30mm) but have already smashed the front number plate on a (not that steep) driveway.
By rights the dealer who sold you the car should fix the headlights, but not too much of a problem. I've had the problem on two different cars and both times it was the rear sensor. I always get 10% off stuff at my local Citroen dealer for being a C4 Owners club member, even though there is no official deal in place so worth asking for it!
Glad you appreciate the interior & that reminds me, my seats need some leather treatment as well. As you say, no point washing the outside at the moment.
wozza   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 12:30pm

Member No: #2
ATKCreative wrote ...

- Click Here -

As long as they are the bolt to hub style. 4x108 then yes they should be fine. Anything 20mm and above I would be going bolt straight to the hub style. What I had on my own VTS.

This was a picture of mine on the 18's. This was with a 20mm spacer. So in effect the wheels actually poked out an extra 39mm. But the inner part of the wheel was in the exact same place as standard.

An for an idea of how they compared in terms of size etc to standard.

- Click Here -

Exhaust wise, the standard VTS180 pipe is an odd trapezoid type thing. Most of us who have gone aftermarket have gone single oval or twin round.

What I had on mine.

ATKCreative   
Wed Nov 18 2015, 09:11am
awesome.. Ill try and post the one I have on mine.. Its not that pretty also the people who put it on have bodged the joint between the back half and the front half so I'm going to try and seal that properly tomorrow (if its not too wet)

Wiper blade came this morning which is an impressive turn around so I might be able to see out the back later don't you find with the rear window its rarely wet enough to wipe without pumping some fluid through even in the rain.. guess its because of the angle etc (not getting too much spray)

Ill try and post some pics tomorrow I will have a look at some 25mm 4x180's online to see what I can do

Cheers
ATKCreative   
Thu Nov 19 2015, 01:39pm
Hi

I got my new LED sidelights in the post today. I took an old one out to try it and they have both now stopped working, there is a buzz coming from the headlamp unit (barley can hear it) so not sure if it's relevant to the problem, tried old bulbs back in and still no joy?

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers
FakeConcern   
Thu Nov 19 2015, 01:50pm
The LED bulbs must be put in the correct way around, but that doean't explain why the originals no longer work. I take it you got canbus error free LEDs?
ATKCreative   
Thu Nov 19 2015, 01:58pm
Update, sorry after ages of looking round I had a fiddle and turned the bulbs round and blew in the hole (the usual) and they work!!! I'm not sure about them yet, not as bright and not as much as an even coverage.
ATKCreative   
Sun Nov 22 2015, 04:44pm
I thought I had uploaded some images from my phone but don't seem to be on here. I will upload tomorrow of the change in the sidelights with a pic of the bulbs.

Sorry another question. I think the problem with my exhaust is that the O-Ring bit at the joint has shot it (I just want to make sure that the VTS has them before I go and buy one) my VTR+ had one but the system seems to be a little different. If so is it a universal size for these? Like attached

- Click Here -

Cheers in advance.. sorry for all the questions!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member