or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Road Tests and User reports

Another goodbye - 2008 Grand Picasso 2.0D Exclusive EGB

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Blueinternet   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 09:43am
Member No: #21850
Well the time has come. I took delivery of the Beige (GOLD!) Exclusive 4 years ago almost to the day, and she has served me well. She has 80K on the clock, and unfortunately she has developed an expensive sounding knocking on the NS driveshaft - with possible gearbox issue (which would write the car off!).

I'm going to Peugeot (only because they had the right car right price right time )

My (non-expert report) -

BAD first because I want to finish on a positive:

• Rear airbags / pump replaced after 12 months (usual fault) - luckily dealer warranty covered

• Drivers seat collapsed (as usual apparently) so not too comfy last 15K miles or so

• BULBS - never known a car blow light bulbs like this one - and different ones!

• EGB - lately performance is variable. Some days it'll be like a kangaroo on acid - others it's OK (but only OK) - I'm going back to Manual.

• Battery - needed a new one last year (6 years). Probably my driving style but......

The GOOD

• Gadgets and features! It's great, dual climate, Cruise, limiter, parking sensors, folding heated mirrors, airline tables on back seats, blinds, 7 seats, options for loading etc

• Space - TONS

• Performance - she will get to 60 in a pretty respectable time for a 1.5T behemoth

• Comfort - despite lately seat collapsing, until then it's been great

• Handling - not bad for the type and size of car. It's no Audi or Golf GTi - but it'll not let you down in a hurry

Would I have another? You bet! Especially the snazzy looking newer model.

Would I have an EGB? Not in a million years unfortunately - unless it was one of these EXPENSIVE fancy DSG boxes - I'll stick to me and my right foot making decisions about WHEN I want acceleration - and not a computer that mulls it over for a second - then launches you into the path of another car!

Have fun all >> Blueinternet is leaving the building
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 11:43am

Member No: #1
You do realise that Pug and Cit are basically one and the same company with the same engines, running gear, electronucs etc. simply placed in different body shells
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Blueinternet (26 Jul 2015 : 11:44)
Blueinternet   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 11:44am
Member No: #21850
YUP - hence my choice of next car...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member