or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Fitting OEM xenon's to my c4 hatch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
paulus90   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 06:30am
Member No: #38123
Hi guys

Thinking about purchasing a pair of c4 OEM xenon head lamps for my c4 hatch. Will these go straight in or do I need any extras? Also is it possible to fit an after market hid kit to these?

My c4 is the exclusive trim so would the directional function of the headlamps just work?

Thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 11:08am

Member No: #1
If your car does not have directional Xenons fitted it needs a new wiring loom, front and rear ride height sensors and headlight washers and the pre and post 2008 facelift ones may be a different shape. Retro fitting is not worth the hassle.

HID Kit - Click Here - whether or not they would be road legal though.....
polestarboy   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 03:36pm
Member No: #33110
For the HID kit you'll need some H7 size bulb retainers to put the HID bulbs into most come without these.
paulus90   
Mon Oct 19 2015, 03:27am
Member No: #38123
What about aftermarket projector head lamps?
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Oct 19 2015, 04:53am

Member No: #1
paulus90 wrote ...

What about aftermarket projector head lamps?

You mean 'Angel Eyes' - there known to overheat and melt.....
wozza   
Tue Oct 20 2015, 02:57pm

Member No: #2
There are companies who will take your existing lights and do a proper xenon conversion to them. Proper xenon projector etc.

There was a guy on here who did the OEM retrofit, thing is unless you get lucky on ebay they are not cheap. £800 a side for the oem cluster.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member