or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 Plastic cover lower windscreen seal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
NotFrench   
Mon Jan 12 2015, 12:49am
Member No: #86
Your sound-deadener scuttle fix with tie-wraps looks good, but your gap-closing wedge will noisily transfer engine vibration to the scuttle and shake everything loose. (I tried it that way first and had to take it off again because of that prob). That's why my wedge is on the battery cover. Also I'd be wary of attaching anything near the safety-critical brake fluid reservoir that might disturb it.
NotFrench   
Mon Jan 12 2015, 12:53am
Member No: #86
Grumpy GrandDad wrote ...

now properly repaired with a home made supporting strut attached to lower battery plate and scuttle. see pix, looks better than temporary bodge methinks

Very swish!

Jammee   
Mon Jan 12 2015, 01:28pm
Member No: #38544
Had the same issue with my 2006 VTS. Found the clip no problem pushed it on, but it just slips back off again. Thinking maybe the clip has weakened and just hasn't got the grip anymore.
arsenije   
Tue Feb 24 2015, 04:57am
Member No: #8233
Have same issue with my 2012 car. Managed to get clip (and it have some kind of "cracks" on it) back on but as i close bonnet is keeps sliding. Tried cable ties, not working because when i use vipers they just break it. Anybody knows some permanent solution?
Dunno if its related...but recently my cabin blower died. Had to replace it and was quiet expensive.
NNS   
Thu Feb 26 2015, 03:31pm
Member No: #34173
There is no permanent solution since there is not the only water leak on this part, after a simple check you will see that it can also leak from left and right grid (on same part).

As anyone here, I have simply make a spacer to keep this part in place. As reinforcement, I have also stick plastics part that join it to windshield with silicone, it work like a charm
mshowells78   
Sat Feb 28 2015, 08:51am
Member No: #31414
I stopped mine from detatching by completely removing it all and using a pliers crimp the clips which locate on the glass itself. Old Ford door seal trick. Also put a couple of pea sized drops of silicone in the said clips to hold it solid.
oaken   
Sat Jun 27 2015, 12:37pm
Member No: #39792
Hello, everyone.

Here is your magical clip which holds the scuttle to the windscreen. Just check the pictures at this russian c4 forum, they are more than informative. - Click Here -

in case you have lost your "clip" here is a part code: 8251 L3

Here is a picture of this clip. (part number 8).

2 User said Thank You to oaken for this Post :
 leaphtc (28 Jun 2015 : 09:00) , CaptainSlow (28 Feb 2019 : 06:59)
Adnan   
Wed Sep 30 2015, 03:27pm
Member No: #37298
It's just a temporary fix. Those plastic holders will break soon, even if they are the thicker ones. I whink some metal wires would do the job.
Rob-Hyde-999   
Thu Mar 29 2018, 09:47am
Member No: #50822
Gents.... Help please... New owner of VTR + 2008 and I have the same issue as above.. I have stripped the upper scuttle out and can see the long thin bracket that clearly slides into the bottom of the windscreen its plastic and about 8" long..

When I push the bracket back onto the windscreen, the whole scuttle just drops again.. There is nothing for the bracket to grip too... Or am I being daft ?

Rob-Hyde-999   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 01:23am
Member No: #50822
Gents.... Help please... New owner of VTR + 2008 and I have the same issue as above.. I have stripped the upper scuttle out and can see the long thin bracket that clearly slides into the bottom of the windscreen its plastic and about 8" long..

When I push the bracket back onto the windscreen, the whole scuttle just drops again.. There is nothing for the bracket to grip too, clearly it will not grip to the smooth windscreen..

Is it supposed to grip at all?, or just held inplace by the plastic trip below it ( lower scuttle) Or am I being daft ?
neilp   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 05:53am
Member No: #3384
Rob-Hyde-999 wrote ...

When I push the bracket back onto the windscreen, the whole scuttle just drops again.. There is nothing for the bracket to grip too, clearly it will not grip to the smooth windscreen..

Is it supposed to grip at all?, or just held inplace by the plastic trip below it ( lower scuttle) Or am I being daft ?

I don't have my C4 now but mine used to take a couple of weeks to drop and would stay in place initially. I would put my fingers under the scuttle and push, hurts the back of the hand a bit but it would stay put. I assumed the plastic edging strip was intended to clip to the lower edge of the screen.
I wouldn't like to suggest any adhesive in the clip in case it causes damage but I might have considered clear sealant in the clip to help it hold on. You would need to wait until it cures of course before moving the car.
I wondered if the screen had been replaced at some point before I bought it as the side edging strips also had some damage.
FakeConcern   
Fri Mar 30 2018, 02:27pm
Member No: #24127
It should clip on and stay in place. Each time I've bought a C4 (on my 3rd one now) the scuttle has been hanging down. I clip it on and as soon as I see it is starting to drop a bit (when checking oil etc.), I'll push it back up.
I would be wary of putting any sealant or glue of any kind on it.
Are you sure it is clipping on, you should feel it go into position?
addsmith   
Tue Apr 10 2018, 04:24am
Member No: #49720
It's amazing how Citroen built such defective cars!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member