or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Nokia sells Here to BMW / Audi / Daimler Group

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
northspoon   
Mon Dec 28 2015, 02:48pm
Member No: #4689
I read that Nokia have sold the Sat-Nav subsidiary Here to the BMW Group a few weeks ago.

Am I correct in thinking that the maps in my Citroen C4 GP are supplied by Here? If so, what might this sale mean to us Citroen users?
BigJohnD   
Mon Dec 28 2015, 03:52pm

Member No: #82
Nokia acquired Navteq some time ago, then the HERE maps became free. Microsoft have a finger in the pie too.

Goodness knows what is next as smartphone satnav is often superior to dedicated systems.
falcorob   
Tue May 10 2016, 12:39pm
Member No: #34021
Garmin use Here maps in their systems and are quite proud of it.

I have to say that the Garmin my missus has is better than my work Tom Tom too imo.
YOG   
Tue May 10 2016, 02:28pm
Member No: #17929
BigJohnD wrote ...

Nokia acquired Navteq some time ago, then the HERE maps became free. Microsoft have a finger in the pie too.

Goodness knows what is next as smartphone satnav is often superior to dedicated systems.

As of June 30, 2016, HERE apps will cease to operate on Windows 10.
- Click Here -
I am now using the Microsoft download. Pretty easy to use. Type in the Search Box, for example, Burger King, Haywards Heath, it brings it with the address, Tel.No. etc. Press Directions and it brings up 4 alternative routes, choose one and press Go.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member