or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Henstrosity's VTRAWRRRRRR!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
henstrosity   
Fri Aug 28 2015, 01:54pm
Member No: #41868
Hello all! I'm new to the C4 scene so i've got plenty of trawling through your threads to see what the tends are.

I had a citroen saxo as a first car...that ended upside down in a ditch after a week!
Moved on to a 1.2 Renault clio that i had for a few years and sold on with 130K on the clock and no issues...
Thirdly i bought a van....which has been amazing but time for it to depart.

I hope that this new purchase lives as long as my clio and puts the french car myths to bed.

Anyway....Voila - 1.6HDI VTR (i wish it was the + version - whats the difference besides the interior?)

First things to be done

• Spoiler
• VTS Alloys or perhaps aftermarket

The van must go on!

Dave_Retired.   
Sat Aug 29 2015, 01:39am

Member No: #1
1st things to be done are an oil and filter change using an OEM filter and the correct Low Saps oil to try and protect the turbo.....
henstrosity   
Sat Aug 29 2015, 09:03am
Sound advice that! Bought it from a dealer on the premise he changes the timing belt, tensioner a and changes the oil and filter. It's got 57K on it so It's defiantly due! Fingers crossed the girl who has it for the 6 years before looked after it and it lasts for me!
Biohead   
Sat Aug 29 2015, 09:03am

Member No: #6049
For that age car, the differences between the VTR and VTR+ would've been:
17" Alloys (same as the VTS - which are a nightmare to clean!)
Auto Headlights
Auto Wipers
Climate control
Possibly better seats??
Arm Rest above the handbrake
henstrosity   
Sat Aug 29 2015, 10:29am
A bit more than i thought! auto headlights would have been a nice touch and the interior is different which is the main part of the car i'm not set on...i want an arm rest now!
Grumpy GrandPa   
Sat Aug 29 2015, 01:28pm
Member No: #10746
Definitely better seats.

I had a 2005 C4 VTR+ and now have 2011 C4 VTR+
progress means NO auto wipers or auto lights, no climate control, 16" tyres and no plastic boot dividers . . .

17" tyres are expensive compared to 16" ones
Info on 2011 C4 here - Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to Grumpy GrandPa for this Post :
 Honest (29 Aug 2015 : 14:28)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member