or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Worried about my EGS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
SiM   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 07:14am
Member No: #41786
I tried searching for this couldn't find a direct result to match my symptoms.

My C4GP excl 2.0 60 plate has been with us for about a year now and has been very well behaved up until recently. It all began with the service light appearing around 98k we duly got her serviced and was told that my DPF filter additive needs replacing. After already forking out £130 for the service I was a bit tapped to spend an extra £200 at my local Citroën dealership for the privilege of filling up a bag with liquid so myself and my mate have filled it ourselves.

We've been able to clear the OBDC message, but now when driving at speed (70mph ish) the car starts this surging sensation, as if I'm playing with the pedal, but I'm not, furthermore it's even happening in cruise, I have also noticed that after a commute when I pull to a stop, the gearbox sounds like someone rattling a handful of nuts in a bucket.

Is this imminent EGS failure?

Or is it something simple like a clogged filter (please let it be the cheapest option)
BigJohnD   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 07:38am

Member No: #82
Did you use Lexia or Digibox to "reset the additive counters to zero"? - Click Here -
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 08:32am

Member No: #1
As BJD says, you have to reset the additve ECU - unrestricted info: - Click Here -
FrankBullitt   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 11:32am

Member No: #19238
By 'service light' coming on you mean the word 'service' this isn't telling your car needs a service (that is the spanner that comes on when you start it and eventually stays in when the service is due), this light means your car has an issue which needs resolving - probably the EOLYS fluid in the first place
tomandjo2   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 07:52am
Member No: #20851
As above if it's not reset it probably won't add any eolys however wouldn't think that would cause your rattle issue as a good run on a motorway should still clear the dpf.

I had a rattle when idling on our 2.0 excl which turned out to be Dual Mass Flywheel and that's a £1200 bill with Citroen a bit of change out of £1000 with an indy.

Tom
SiM   
Tue Sep 01 2015, 02:53pm
Member No: #41786
Thanks for all the info guys. You're right, it seems all I did was clear the messages in the ECU, I checked it today and found the messages were back.

I only have one of these ODB2 Bluetooth thingies and my Torque2 app on my Android phone, looks like I might need to have a word with a garage. Incidentally though, I left my Torque app connected whilst doing a commute and noticed the Turbo boost pressure fluctuating wildly, which coincided with each surge.

It would seem to me that if the DPF is still not happy (no Eolys) then back pressure would be problematic which could lead to a lumpy turbo?

Is my reasoning correct? or have just given myself another headache?

It still doesn't explain why my gearbox sounds like a can of spanners when it's hot though

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member