or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Brodit - as fitted 2010 (B7) C4 1.6HDi VTR+

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 08:02am

Member No: #82
I fitted the full Brodit kit earlier today - the bracket which clips onto the air vent and the LG G3 specific cradle. (Photo taken with the phone - no other camera to hand but will follow.)

So far the jury's out.

It's fine now it's fitted, but linking the two parts and installing wasn't as easy as I'd hoped for. I hadn't realised that the two parts needed self-tappers with no guides to attach them together; refitting the swivel took several attempts as it was tricky to get the out of sight captured nut and square locating guide to align, and I thought I was going to break the trim or the bracket when clipping it on to the vent.

The G3 is quite a large phone and it seems very prominent on the dash. The view of the LCD display is partially obscured.

However it's all tidy and the phone's not lying about when charging.
BigJohnD   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 08:50am

Member No: #82
Got my camera…

You can see how much of the display is obscured - might be less for shorter people!
Peter.Beeston   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 04:13pm
Member No: #47067
I have installed the Brodit Active Holder (built in power) for my S7 which I use for Sat Nav. I turned the phone into landscape mode when non of the display is obscured, and the power cable is routed towards the steering wheel where again it passes down to the power, away from any of the buttons.

Peter.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member