or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Spare wheel fitment on Blue HDi C4GP, definitive answer???

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Fri Aug 14 2015, 05:45am
Member No: #574
There has been discussion on whether you can fit a spare wheel under these cars. I was in the local Citroen agent for an MOT on our C3, and it gave me the opportunity to look under a 120HDi and a 150HDi. Inspection shows that Adblue tank seems to be in the same location and the same size on both. The difference appears to be that the exhaust systems are significantly different. The 150 exhaust has a large box that takes up a lot of space, whereas the 120 has a more or less straight exhaust with a tiny box that takes up virtually no space.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (14 Aug 2015 : 10:08)
stainlesssink   
Wed Aug 19 2015, 05:47am
Member No: #40251
A tale of woe...just back from my local dealer.

The car is leased was supplied through a non-local dealer, whom had supplied the space saver wheel but not the mounting - it was just left in the boot! Citroen UK agreed the work to fit the carriage should be carried out FOC.

My local dealer ordered the parts, the date was booked (today), I waited for the work to be carried out but alas some parts fitted, but some didn't, it would appear the floor pan is not prepared to accept the required mountings? Reluctant just to drill them the dealer has given the problem back to Citroen Technical.

My car is the original 1.6 E-HDi variant but built during May 2015, I suspect during a time of transmission between the change to the BlueHdi engine.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member