or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

[moved] C4 2005 Upgrades

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
AbdAllahkm   
Thu Aug 13 2015, 06:25am
Member No: #28153
Hello Dears,

THis is the first time i Post in this great page!

I will need your help as most of you are much experienced that me.

I have a C4 2005 1.6 109hp, and as you all know, it's not the fastest car in the world!

I want your advice regarding the available upgrades to get the best of it.

I knew that there are ECU remapping, Turbo installation, but can you please clarify and give opinion? in addition, if i change my engine to 2.0, do i have to change Disks? Pads? Gearbox?

Thank you in Advance!
AbdAllah
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Aug 13 2015, 10:48am

Member No: #1
It would be far simpler and less expensive to trade the car for a 2.0 180 VTS I'm afraid
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 AbdAllahkm (17 Aug 2015 : 08:35)
wozza   
Thu Aug 13 2015, 11:01pm

Member No: #2
If you changed to the 2.0 then yes a new gearbox is required.

Discs and pads, ideally you would upgrade the front discs, pads, and calipers to the 180 variants. These are bigger. 1.6's can have 266mm discs while the 180 has 302mm discs. So larger calipers are needed as well.

It depends on your budget as to what the best option is. If you were going down the engine swap route. I would be more inclined to look at the 3.0 V6 from a 406. Buy a donor car, that way you can take the drive shafts, gearbox, brakes etc from it.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 AbdAllahkm (17 Aug 2015 : 08:35)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member