or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

First little mod, lowered

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tony_82   
Fri Jul 03 2015, 05:41am
Member No: #40824
So, last weekend I got round to doing the first mod to the C4. After finding that I had the usual snapped front spring I decided to replace all four with Apex lowering springs.

Most difficult thing turned out to getting the wiper arms off, ended up having to use a puller.

FakeConcern   
Fri Jul 03 2015, 12:28pm
Member No: #24127
Looking good, Iron Grey is a nice colour too!
tony_82   
Fri Jul 03 2015, 01:38pm
Member No: #40824
To be honest, I didn't have a lot of love for the car when I first picked it up. Just a getting to work run about. It's starting to grow on me a little now though.

It's never going to be anything remotely like a performance hatch, but I can do a few little bits to make it nicer to drive. Next up, probably a remap but everything is going to be fairly subtle.

That said, I did find myself researching the hybrid turbos that some of the Ford lads are strapping to this engine the other day...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member