or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

OBD Fault Code Analysers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dobbin   
Tue Jun 30 2015, 11:14am
Member No: #11097
Can anyone recommend a 'reasonably priced' OBD fault code scanner that would work with the majority of vehicles sold in the UK. At present we have a 55 plate C4, 02 Plate Saxo, 04 plate Daewoo Kalos and a 62 plate Chevrolet Spark. I currently have a Gendan fault code reader but it only checks engine codes. I'm looking for something that will also read ABS codes and possibly SRS and will also reset MIL lights on these systems. Looking through the usual sources such as amazon ebay etc there's plenty for VAG vehicles but very few that will work with French UK or Asian vehicles without going over a hundred pounds. If anyone could suggest or recommend such a device I would be very grateful as I'm going round in circles at present.

Thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jun 30 2015, 12:46pm

Member No: #1
Basic code readers can often clear fault logs on PSA (Citroen/Peugeot) cars and read 'generic' codes, however to actually change settings on the cars themselves you need to use Lexia (fine on older cars) or Diagbox (which replaced Lexia) on the newer ranges.
Shonky   
Sat Jul 18 2015, 04:01pm
Member No: #41287
For reading and clearing codes as well as showing realtime data I use a £15 obd to bluetooth adapter and the Android app "Torque"
charlieep   
Wed Jul 29 2015, 05:25am
Member No: #41494
One of these should do the job - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member