or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Rear bumper protective strip for C4GP 7 seats 2008.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Decky2008   
Fri Jun 26 2015, 10:47am
Member No: #39765
I've been looking for something to protect the top of my rear bumper from school bag / buggy etc. and had my hopes pinned on accessory 9424.C9 as advertised on site through the dealers. It appears ( to me anyway ) that this is discontinued and has been replaced by a wide piece of ' sticky tape '.

That's according to 2 Irish Citroen dealers and Dealer no 1 ( most helpful and courteous man by the way )

In the end found one on Amazon , although not cheap for a strip of plastic , cheaper than a new bumper/ spray job me thinks ! Very quick delivery across the water and even though first one was damaged the replacement arrived just 3 days later. Simple installation and looks okay in Matt black which blends with original trims all around exterior.

Time will tell If it can handle my kids and irish weather , a harsh combination. Am also waiting on door cill protectors in chrome , hope I haven't crossed the line between protection and tacky !!! Laters......
rusky   
Fri Jun 26 2015, 01:01pm
Member No: #27768
Have you tried ebay? - Click Here -
Decky2008   
Fri Jun 26 2015, 03:57pm
Cheers Rusky. To be honest I punched in what I was looking for and Amazon popped up so looked no farther. Anyway, the one I got is the 4 th one on list in ebay ( for same money ) so no harm done.
I try not to spend to much time looking these things up as I find you could lose an hour of your life that you'll never get back, and run the risk of ending up buying 2nd hand bed sheets from a brothel in Amsterdam ! ( well they were strategically folded on the photo !!! )
I will post any ongoing performance comments on this product . What yr is 58 plate ?
rusky   
Sat Jun 27 2015, 02:25am

58 plate is late 2008. Registration plate denotes where a car was registered & what year so GU58 would be Maidstone or Brighton between 1st Sept 2008 to 28/29th Feb 2009

Have a look - Click Here - for an in depth explanation.
Decky2008   
Sat Jun 27 2015, 10:46am
Again , thanks . Now I can see where my VTR+ 08 came through the system , then she was in Birmingham until I got her.
Now she cruises peacefully down the quiet country roads of IRL.
Oohh , unless you include the screaming mob in row 2 !
rusky   
Sat Jun 27 2015, 10:55am
The screaming from row 2 can sometimes be temporarily silenced with an in-car DVD system!
avionista   
Sun Jun 28 2015, 03:18am
Member No: #36250
I bought some patterned rubber sheet 1m x 1.5m x 3mm from ebay (cost £14.99 inc postage), which was more than enough to cut bumper protectors for my new model C4GP and my wife's C3P.

I cleaned the bumper surface with white spirit before attaching the protector sheet with spray-on upholstery adhesive. I occasionally give the protector a spray with Halfords silicon which keeps it nice and shiny.

See item: 331460985834
Decky2008   
Sun Jun 28 2015, 04:16pm
Good work ! I never thought of improvising like that. Hope it stands up to uv / weather and washing without fading/cracking ( as indeed I hope mine does , seeing as I paid a good bit more ) I do however like the way the one I bought curves over and down the front of the bumper to protect that outer edge which I think is prone to knocks.
I really must give ebay a second look for this stuff !
On another note. Spoke to my mechanic/ fixer friend about the pros and cons of getting him to service my car. He said get it done with main dealer and insist on genuine parts as cheap service will bite you in the butt in long run ! Honest of him to pass up on the business I thought ( special oil required apparentl for the HDI. Some of you may already know this and are thinking ...... Ddaa! ) Other routine stuff he said no prob.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member