or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

2012 C4 VTR+ 1.6 Petrol - knocking/clunking sensation through steering and pedals

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Bortron   
Mon Aug 23 2021, 07:05am
Member No: #58675
I've been having an issue with a strange knocking/clunking sensation for the last few weeks, which I can feel through the steering and pedals. It occurs at all times in motion, driving straight and turning, over smooth roads, and doesn't change under braking. It doesn't seem to be any better or worse at moderate or low speeds (I haven't taken it beyond 50mph for some time). There isn't a noise to accompany it, that I can hear anyway. The clunks are irregular, and can occur in rapid succession, or sometimes only every few seconds.

I took it to my trusted garage a couple of weeks ago, but really helpfully the sensation seemed to stop that particular day, and started up again the day after. They did check all of the front steering, suspension and brake components though, and couldn't see anything wrong. I've checked the interior for anything that might be causing it as well, but can't find anything.

Has anyone experienced something similar? It's really annoying me, and I can't get the nagging sensation out of my head that something, somewhere on the car might be about to break, despite the reassurance from my garage.
tomandjo2   
Mon Aug 23 2021, 09:41am
Member No: #20851
Dual Mass Flywheel broken possibly? Does it knock on idle?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member