or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Mileage reading when i start my C4 picasso

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wakers   
Tue Jun 16 2015, 02:27pm
Member No: #40973
Hi there newbie here so be gentle , i've just had a 2009 C4 Picasso for a week, big change for me from a 3 door hot hatch but thats kids for you

When i start the car there's a milage that comes up currently it says 10,700 and its going up thats before the car's milage takes it place what is that for ?
Also from what i can tell and a quick google there's no temperature gauge I presume that you'll get a warning if the temp gets to high ?

Thanks
routemaster1   
Tue Jun 16 2015, 03:19pm
Member No: #574
The number that comes up should have a diagram of a spanner beside it. It is a countdown to the next service, and as such should go down every time you start. There is no temperature gauge, and yes, you should get a warning if it overheats. They have put a gauge on the new 2013 version.
wakers   
Tue Jun 16 2015, 04:08pm
Member No: #40973
thanks for the reply, must be going down then i'll pay more attention to it... thanks
FrankBullitt   
Wed Jun 17 2015, 04:05am

Member No: #19238
If it's going up and shows a spanner then that indicates a service is 10,700 miles overdue - the service may have been done (check the history, assuming you have it) but the indicator has not been reset. If that is case it is due a service shortly, have a look at Citroen's Value service deals on their web site and consider getting one of these done; they aren't expensive and use OEM parts.

If it's 10,700 miles overdue and not been done, get it done ASAP and be prepare to have regular oil changes from now on (every 6k) to ensure there's no build-up from poor oil, especially if it's a 1.6HDi...
Jimux   
Wed Jun 17 2015, 10:04am

Member No: #8137
Look in the service booklet to see what the position is regarding next service. I say this because there was a bug in the software of some early cars and the workaround was for the Citroen electrician to set a paramter to zero, and thus immobilise the service reminder countdown. Despite this fix these cars do occasionally trigger a spanner and mile to go counter, which can be cancelled following the procedure in the owner's handbook (p68 Maintenance Indicator in my handbook.

You do not say what engine you have, but the diesels are more likely to run too cold than too hot. If you have a portable computer or ANdriod phone then you can monitor the water temperature with a cheap ELM327 ODB2 connector and a free software tool like Scantool.
neilp   
Wed Jun 17 2015, 02:23pm
Member No: #3384
Number of miles until the next service.
PontyAl   
Wed Jun 17 2015, 03:11pm
Member No: #18850
If its going down it's miles to next service, as you get closer a spanner is added to the display to advise you to book a service, it
Flashes when you get close, if you go beyond zero it will flash and start going up, milage past service recommendations.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member