or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

C4 FAP/Additive ECU

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C4HDI   
Sun Jun 13 2010, 06:31am
Hi does anyone know where the FAP / diesel additive ECU is located.

I've had the additive topped up and the filter cleaned but I'm still getting the depollution fault coming up and the engine light on.

The counter has been reset to zero by the garage and I've also tried disconnecting the battery and resetting the ECU, which works for about 5 mins of running.

I've read somewhere that if I remove the FAP ECU and clean the contacts and replace it, that sometimes works (trying the cheap solutions first!)

does anyone know where it's located on the car as I can't find any reference to it for the C4 (2.0HDi).

Thanks
Tim.
Phil   
Sun Jun 13 2010, 10:05am

Member No: #406
It's tucked up behind the glovebox, heater box side.
C4HDI   
Sun Jun 13 2010, 10:12am
Thanks, by behind the glovebox, do I need to remove it?
Phil   
Sun Jun 13 2010, 03:10pm

Member No: #406
Alot easier if you remove it.
WizardofChaos   
Sat Jun 06 2015, 04:03am
After following this thread and taking out the fusebox/BSI unit from under the glove box the only module I have there is the alarm module but have a blue coloured multi plug that's not plugged into anything .

Any advice info on where the additive ECU may be would be of great help.

Please see pic

Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jun 06 2015, 10:02am

Member No: #1
That location is where Phil, who works for Citroen said it was on a pre 2011 Coupe or Hatch.
smartcuror   
Tue Jul 21 2015, 11:36am
Member No: #29348
Hello,

In searching for the additive ecu behind the glovebox, i came across these 2 connectors on the right hand side of the glove box.

Could one of these be the related to the additive pump on a C4 GP 1.6 HDI EGS?

Thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member