or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

7" Touch Screen Import POIs

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Sphelps   
Tue Jun 02 2015, 03:20pm
Member No: #40492
It says that you can import POIs to the Sat Nav, but I can't find anywhere in the manual of what format the import file should be in or what structure the data should be in on the USB stick.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks
Steve
bluehdi   
Tue Jun 02 2015, 04:03pm
Member No: #2617
I think you'll find this is one of the features that you cannot actually utilise as there doesn't seem to be a way of importing POI's yourself!

When you buy the speed camera update it introduces a new POI and when you buy a new map, it updates the POI’s as part of the process, but I don't think you can do it manually despite what the manual says.
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 Sphelps (03 Jun 2015 : 11:01)
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jun 03 2015, 09:11am

Member No: #1
Possibly if you can get hold of 'Mirascripts' as it may be one of the additional functions you can add using them.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Sphelps (03 Jun 2015 : 11:01)
Sphelps   
Wed Jun 03 2015, 11:03am
There must be someone who knows how to do this. What's the point of saying it can be done in the manual.
Sphelps   
Sat Jun 06 2015, 11:26am
Has anyone tried contacting Citroen about this?
bluehdi   
Sat Jun 06 2015, 11:55am
I don't believe so - the manual is factually incorrect elsewhere as well. My C4GP which I got towards the end of October says in the FAQ section that the navigation doesn't support full postcode entry but in fact it does!

To be honest you'll find that most Citroen dealers know very little about the SMEG/SMEG+ touchscreen system fitted on our cars and its through owners 'discovery' via forums that many of the finer details are confirmed or found. Not of course how it should be, but its been like that now for at least 14 years with Citroen that I can remember. I got my new C5 2.0 HPI Exclusive SE company car in 2001, which had the same sort of navigation foibles that no-one at Citroen ever answered.

There are the very question about the POI over at French forums that I read and the conclusion seems to be the same that no one can get or understand how to get the upload working. See here:

- Click Here -
bluehdi   
Sat Jun 06 2015, 11:58am
And a longer posting on the same issue of not being able to import or add Personal POI's:

- Click Here -

Would definitely be a useful feature which 'may' appear on later build vehicles, but it seems across the whole PSA group this function remains a mystery.
routemaster1   
Sat Jun 06 2015, 01:07pm
Member No: #574
Another error in the manual. It states cruise only works on 4th gear and above with a manual gearbox, but I have found that it works on third as well. If you look at the preinstalled cruise settings the lowest is 20mph, and I certainly wouldn't to cruise at 20mph in 4th.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member