or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

The mystery of 'Driver Plip Action'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
kyojitsu   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 06:26am
Member No: #40171
Being a Citroen it's a 'quirky' car. By quirky I mean there are some beautiful styling ideas and thoughtful touches combined with ridiculously unintuitive technology.

Today my wife said she couldn't get the kids out of the car. The rear doors wouldn't open. Had to try the boot to get them to open. Car has keyless entry. Anyway on the verge of booking car in but it turns out this is the 'selective locking' option where just the driver's door opens.

Of course you would assume that this would be an obvious option somewhere - say'selective locking'perhaps? Mais non mon amis. This is French design. It's called 'Driver Plip Action' - what else? So just in case you get stuck with the same issue the fix is 'Vehicle Settings' (the car symbol on the outside of the lower screen) and then 'Configuration'. At the bottom of the list you'll see the Driver Plip Action and you simply uncheck it to have all doors open when you open the drivers door.

C'est facile...
2 User said Thank You to kyojitsu for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (29 Apr 2015 : 09:55) , pebo (23 May 2015 : 10:33)
FrankBullitt   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 06:31am

Member No: #19238
Eye, that's the same as previous models and, for that matter, many other cars.
vimto2000   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 08:11am
Member No: #37385
Ahh same as most cars however I have never heard it called driver plip action! Most cars I've seen have something more intuitive. Hey ho...you learn the Citroen way
FakeConcern   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 02:12pm
Member No: #24127
My mother has had a Polo for about 5 years. It still confuses her!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member