or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

C4 Adding iPod/USB MP3 support. Latest product from Citroën USB Box 9702.EZ

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ham   
Fri Jan 11 2008, 12:22pm

Member No: #69
yes John, i upgraded mine too(mx500)
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Jan 11 2008, 01:31pm

Member No: #1
I use Sennheiser PX 100 or 200 - the folding ones as they are ideal for travelling as they fold into a hard case

Much easier on the ear than those stupid plugs - or is it my age
cashel   
Sat Jan 19 2008, 03:40pm
Got my usb hub today. as i work in a citroen dealer ,i had a go on lexia 3 to try and inable aux 2 on my radio{dont have a changer} no matter how many times i tryed to put it in classic mode it wouldnt work, kept saying programming failed. justwondering has anyone any ideas , do i need to use proxia 3 ? do i need to disconnect aux 1 input socket or even disable iot? any help would be greatly appresiated . thanks in advance.

cashel
BigJohnD   
Sat Jan 19 2008, 04:29pm

Member No: #82
As I understand it, it's "CD Changer present" and "CDTEXT" enabled.

The USB Box uses the CD Changer socket.

Phil might throw more light on it.
Phil   
Sat Jan 19 2008, 04:42pm

Member No: #406
cashel - I've never used a Lexia 3 so can't comment. Not had any problems with Proxia 2 or 3 though.

Can't remember off the top of my head what it should be set as, but if you can wait till Monday i will try and have a look.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jan 19 2008, 05:50pm

cashel wrote ...

Got my usb hub today. as i work in a citroen dealer ,i had a go on lexia 3 to try and inable aux 2 on my radio{dont have a changer} no matter how many times i tryed to put it in classic mode it wouldnt work, kept saying programming failed. justwondering has anyone any ideas , do i need to use proxia 3 ? do i need to disconnect aux 1 input socket or even disable iot? any help would be greatly appresiated . thanks in advance.

It works on the CD multi changer socket so as posted before that's what you need to enable, nort the auxilliary input/outputs

It's a straight replacement for the CD Multi changer and the istal guide provided is quite clear

I still have aux 1 enabled on mine BTW so again your trying to enable the wrong function
cashel   
Sun Jan 20 2008, 02:33pm
that would be great phil thank you . it has been wrecking my head all weekend. by the way what is the difference between lexia and proxia?

@c4owner when i originally fitted the mp3 unit {the one with the three jacks} it said in the instructions that there was input one and input aux 2 , which is where the cd changer is fitted. so i thought it was a case of inabling input 2
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jan 20 2008, 05:01pm

Completely different setup as you have now found out

BTW there is on the face of it no difference between Lexia & Proxia - there 2 3rd party software systems deployed by Citroen agents

However there are known failures in some Lexia updates, shouldn't be but even Microsoft aren't infallible
cashel   
Sun Jan 20 2008, 05:08pm
will lexia let me inable it
BigJohnD   
Sun Jan 20 2008, 05:10pm

Some photos here: - Click Here - of fitting the 9706.AG auxillary sound input wiring to the back of the RD4. It's usually ported as Aux1, but has to be moved to Aux2 if Bluetooth is fitted.

I'm pretty sure, though I haven't done it yet, the USB Box/CD Changer fits into "Part C".
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Jan 21 2008, 03:02am

There is know reason why Lexia shouldn't be able to enable the CD Multiplayer function same as the Proxia. I don't like repeating myself but for clarity:

The USB BOX fits and works literally 'out of the box' IF you currently have a CD Multi changer fitted. If you don't it requires a visit to a dealer to get the CD changer output socket on the head unit enabled
The USB BOX is a direct replacement for a CD multi changer so you can't have both but it means that the auxiliary socket is free so you can have Blue-tooth etc.

On screen you can see Album and track listings but have to use the radio 'buttons' for some functions although skip forward, volume, mute etc. work from the steering wheel same as a CD changer - you can download the user guide here - Click Here -

When installed it appears on screen as 'CD4' as in image 1 below with album and track shown as images 2&3

However if your radio was none MP3 capable you may still need to visit a dealer to configure 'CDTEXT' to present to gain full advantage of it's capabilities

Sound quality is great and there are no 'volume' issues aka the much cheaper 'auxiliary lead' solution.

Now it was designed to fit in the glove box, but for a left hand drive car which means to do that in the UK you have to remove the glove box to run the cable. I didn't bother. Instead I fitted it and ran the cable down to under the steering column which is a clear route. Secured the USB BOX there and ran the iPod input cable under the lower edge of the centre column so I can have the iPod on top of the ashtray, in the small pocket at the side etc. etc. so it's easily removable when I leave the car as I don't want to leave it in the glove box anyway.

The official fitting guide is available to download - Click Here -

Doing it that way took all of 10 minutes to install

My fitting guide is - Click Here -

cashel   
Fri Jan 25 2008, 03:57pm
the head mechanic and i tryed for one and a half hours to enable the cd changer input on lexia to no avail , can anybody help me before i go mad. by the way i work in a citroen garage ,so he should know what he was at. my car is a 2007 van coupe with no mp3 radio just the standard rd4 unit. i think in the uk it would be a vt?
BigJohnD   
Thu Jan 31 2008, 09:25am

cashel wrote ...
the head mechanic and i tryed for one and a half hours to enable the cd changer input on lexia to no avail , can anybody help me before i go mad. by the way i work in a citroen garage ,so he should know what he was at. my car is a 2007 van coupe with no mp3 radio just the standard rd4 unit. i think in the uk it would be a vt?
Wozza's list might help: - Click Here -
I believe you're looking for "CD Changer - present" under the ECU's Also Fitted section.

Prokopas   
Thu Jan 31 2008, 02:42pm
BigJohnD wrote ...

Some photos here: - Click Here - of fitting the 9706.AG auxillary sound input wiring to the back of the RD4. It's usually ported as Aux1, but has to be moved to Aux2 if Bluetooth is fitted.

I'm pretty sure, though I haven't done it yet, the USB Box/CD Changer fits into "Part C".

So, BigJohnD can you confirm that USB box can be installed along with the genuine Bluetooth unit?
BigJohnD   
Thu Jan 31 2008, 02:57pm

Prokopas wrote ...
So, BigJohnD can you confirm that USB box can be installed along with the genuine Bluetooth unit?
Dave should know, as he's fitted it. But I think the answer's yes, as the CD Changer operates along side Bluetooth, and is physically wired into a different connector.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member