or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Comfort suspension upgrade

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
utzelu   
Tue Mar 17 2015, 05:47am
Member No: #8798
Hi everyone,

I realize most of the C4 owners go for lowering the suspension and aiming for a sportier ride. But I am actually looking to improve the ride comfort since I find this to be one weak point of the car.

Compared with a medium class saloon (e.g. Ford Mondeo), the ride difference is like night and day. While on C4 you can feel any "dust speck" on the road, the bigger cars absorb the road irregularities beautifully, with a very comfortable ride.

Could you please advise if there are direct-swap aftermarket options (e.g. shocks, coils) which could improve the ride quality?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. My C4 is a 2008 1.6i 120HP petrol 5d version
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Mar 17 2015, 08:13am

Member No: #1
Eibach pro springs, whilst lowering the car will give a better 'ride' as they are more progressive.

However your not going to get that 'bigger car' ride out of a C4. If you want that, trade the car for a C5
utzelu   
Wed Mar 18 2015, 02:46am
Member No: #8798
Thanks for the answer.

Well, if I'd trade it in, I wouldn't do it for another Citroen as mine had and has many reliability/quality issues. The car is old enough not to worth changing it as the price difference is higher than eventual repairs.

On the getting the "bigger car" ride, why is it not possible to get it from C4. Isn't it all from the suspension components?

I don't want to lower the car, just to keep it stock height but with a comfortable ride.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member