or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Alright! what about a remap?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Scouse   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 10:57am
Member No: #39607
Just a quick hello!

Just joined the group after buying my first Citroen.......a 2L C4 VTS. Will be messing about with this quite a bit, as I have been building/modifying bikes for a few years now (last couple were a Honda CB1300/Blackbird streetfighter, and a custom Triumph hardtail), but due to moving house I have lost my workshop space :0(

Anyways, gonna start with a couple styling parts for the C4 (got a little laquer peel on the bonnet and roof that needs looking at so may as well), DPF removal, induction kit and re-map.

Couple starting pics........

Dave_Retired.   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 12:04pm

Member No: #1
Scouse wrote ...

Anyways, gonna start with a couple styling parts for the C4 (got a little laquer peel on the bonnet and roof that needs looking at so may as well), DPF removal, induction kit and re-map.

I'm assuming it's a 2.0 HDi?

If so then if found the DPF has been removed at MOT time it will be a fail.

On a diesel C4 an induction kit is pretty pointless and could actually degrade performance, the remap will transform the car but will potentially shorten the life of the Dual Mass Flywheel
BigJohnD   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 03:20pm

Member No: #82
What Dave said, and welcome. Nice looking C4.
FakeConcern   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 03:55pm
Member No: #24127
Looks nice (but get a spoiler!)
Scouse   
Mon Mar 09 2015, 04:35pm
Hey guys,

Yep true about the MOT risk Dave. I have a guy that has been looking after my bikes for a few years now when MOT time comes up, so providing the C4 get's past the emissions test (of course it will) MOT will be no problem.

Interested to hear what the mpg/performance benefits are of a remap, and weigh up the clutch wear. I do pretty much all my work myself, so it's not a massive problem, providing it's worth it.

Scouse   
Mon Mar 09 2015, 04:38pm
FakeConcern wrote ...

Looks nice (but get a spoiler!)

Ha ha it's on the list buddy
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Mar 10 2015, 03:30am

Scouse wrote ...

Interested to hear what the mpg/performance benefits are of a remap, and weigh up the clutch wear. I do pretty much all my work myself, so it's not a massive problem, providing it's worth it.

You will get circa +35 bhp and +55ft/lb of torque, mpg gain will be negligible as you'll be planting your right foot all the time to feel that additional power
Scouse   
Tue Mar 10 2015, 05:24am
Really, thats a decent gain Dave! That's just for a straight re-map? Has anyone posted up any dyno results by any chance?
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Mar 10 2015, 08:34am

I'm sure someone did, but for a petrol variant. The figures come from Angel Tuning who I used on my 1.6HDi and it did transform the car. - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member